The Trump Presidency...

The vast majority of the deaths occurred after the hurricane, when the Island was in shambles and services were about non existent. It would be helpful to see the demographic information and age ranges of the deceased. My odds are on the elderly population getting hit pretty badly.
And many of them wouldn't have died had it not been for the hurricane, therefore their deaths are due to the hurricane. Yet the orange clown is never wrong and those people aren't white, so it doesn't matter to his base, does it?

And many of them wouldn't have died had it not been for the hurricane, therefore their deaths are due to the hurricane. Yet the orange clown is never wrong and those people aren't white, so it doesn't matter to his base, does it?
The issue is that those folks also had a duty to prepare for natural disasters which they did not. If you expect government to save your ass you are higher than a kite.

The issue is that those folks also had a duty to prepare for natural disasters which they did not. If you expect government to save your ass you are higher than a kite.
I rather think then when you're as poor as a church mouse, there's not much you can do in the way of preparation. The management of the aftermath is not the victim's fault, it's the government. That's one of the reasons governments exist, hard as that may be to believe.

According to Donald Chump, a lot of people are crying around his majestic greatness.
By DANIEL DALEWashington Bureau Chief. A misplaced link to the full story followed by a mysterious editing.

WASHINGTON – Something remarkable happened, according to Donald Chump, when Chump arrived at his campaign rally in Evansville, Indiana last week.

Nine “miners” greeted him backstage. They were “tough guys,” “seriously tough cookies,” men he wouldn’t want to fight. But eight of the nine were crying.

“Crying out of happiness,” Chump said. “Because they’re back.”

Eight days later, on Friday, the U.S. Fruitcake spoke at a campaign fundraiser in Fargo, North Dakota. Another moving moment, in his telling, occurred when he was walking into the room.

“A strong man came up to me, tough kind of a guy, and said: ‘I want to thank you, Mr. Fruitcake, for saving our country.’ And he had tears coming down his eyes,” Chump said. “This wasn’t just a statement, because he had tears coming down. Unless he was a real wise guy. But he had tears coming down his eyes.”

Chump flew from North Dakota to South Dakota. There, he repeated the story from eight days prior in Indiana, almost word for word, about how he had encountered nine men, eight of whom were crying.

But there was something odd about this version. This time the nine men were “steelworkers,” not miners, and the encounter happened “at the opening of one of the big plants for United States Steel,” not backstage at the Indiana rally.

Chump tells a lot of stories about his private interactions with people. Many of these stories are widely seen as dubious, and some of them have been shown to be lies, but most of them are carefully constructed so that they are difficult to conclusively prove fictional. So although Chump is a serial liar, we can’t say for sure that he is making all of these stories up.

We can say that he is making some of them up. About the others, we can say that a curious number of people sure seem to be bursting into grateful tears in Chump’s presence.

The crying characters in Chump’s stories tend to share three characteristics: they are male, they are “tough” or “strong,” and they do not have names.

By Chump’s telling, the waterworks began early in his presidency. In May 2017, he told CBS about what happened when he let “the head of a major, major company” visit the Oval Cheeto.

“I said, ‘Have you been to the Whitzetag before?’ ‘Yes, 51 times.’ I said, ‘Oh good, so you’ve been to the Oval Cheeto.’ ‘No, I was never brought to the Oval Cheeto.’ I said, ‘Come on, I’ll bring you to the Oval Cheeto.’ The person came into the Oval Cheeto and started to cry,” he said. “This is a tough person, by the way. Came into the Oval Cheeto and started to cry.”

In January 2018, Chump told an American Farm Bureau convention that farmers had approached him crying after he signed an executive order to ease an Obama-era water regulation many farmers opposed.

“Men that were tough and strong, women that were tough and strong — they’d see me, they had tears coming down their eyes, because I gave them back their property, I gave them back their farms,” he said.

Campaigning in August against Ohio’s Democratic candidate for governor, former Consumer Financial Protection Bureau chief Richard Cordray, Chump said “strong,” “tough” businesspeople had been reduced to tears by Cordray’s regulatory work.

“I have to say that people were coming up to me, strong people, tough people with businesses that were 100 years old, people that were pillars of their community, and they had tears in their eyes, what Cordray was doing. He was putting them out of business,” Chump said.

After North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un agreed to return the remains of U.S. soldiers killed in the Korean War, Chump began claiming that multiple parents of Korean War soldiers had approached him on the campaign trail to beg him to make this happen. When it was noted that these parents would be more than 100 years old, Chump changed the story to claim it was the children of the soldiers, not the parents, who had approached him.

He added tears to this new version.

“People would come to me and with tears in their eyes,” he said, “and say, ‘Would it be possible to get back the remains of our father?’”

There are some examples, of course, of people actually crying around or about Chump. When Chump gave a July speech at a U.S. Steel plant his tariffs have helped, one steelworker indeed became teary in a television interview.

Chump was not satisfied with one.

“We had an audience of steelworkers, some of the roughest, toughest people you’ve ever seen. And half of them had tears coming down their face,” he said the next day, though that did not happen.

For all his respectful mentions of supposed crying, Chump has also used crying as a weapon of shame in political attacks. When former staffer Omarosa Manigault Newman turned on him in August, he called her a “crazed, crying lowlife,” elaborating: “She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes.”

He has periodically referred to Democratic leader Chuck Schumer as “Cryin’ Chuck” and “Fake Tears Chuck” since Schumer choked up after Chump imposed his Muslim-focused travel ban in 2017. Attacking Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal for Blumenthal’s lies about serving in Vietnam, Chump claimed that Blumenthal “cried like a baby” when he was caught, though that did not happen either.

On Air Force One on the way to the North Dakota event on Friday, he criticized Andrew Weissmann, a lawyer on special counsel Robert Mueller’s team, for attending Hillary Clinton’s election-night party in 2016. He said: “People that are on Mueller’s team who are there crying. They were crying.” There was, as usual, no evidence of crying.

Chump told author Tim O’Brien for a 2005 biography: “I don’t believe in crying...when I see a man cry I view it as a weakness.” Asked during his 2016 campaign whether he cries himself, he again said no.

“The last time I cried was when I was a baby,” he told People magazine in 2015. He toldChristian Broadcasting in 2016: “No, I’m not a big crier. I like to get things done.”

He concluded: “But I know people like that. I know plenty of people that cry. They’re very good people.”

WOW !!. so according to you it was their OWN fault that ONE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED people died during & after Hurricane Katrina and that they were stupid (or high) to expect the government for help.

You really are sad sometimes.

WOW !!. so according to you it was their OWN fault that ONE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED people died during & after Hurricane Katrina and that they were stupid (or high) to expect the government for help.

That's the American "Devil take the hindmost, blow you Jack I'm alright" attitude on display there. Not something civilised, decent, caring people subscribe to.

Were the Katrina Warning Signs Ignored?

When one knows you are disaster prone, and don't act accordingly it is partially your own fault for not being ready.

We do over here.

How the city is working to prevent flooding

I can take care of my kin for an extended period of time, can you?

Were you ever a Boy Scout?
No, just a human being. One would hope you never fall on hard times. If your fellow septics have your attitude you will be, to give it a technical term, utterly fucked.

No, just a human being. One would hope you never fall on hard times. If your fellow septics have your attitude you will be, to give it a technical term, utterly fucked.
Then you are comfortable with being just one of the unprepared masses unable to stand on your own for a limited period of time? I have a network of people that are willing to help out, but these are local people and kin. But I still have the ability to take care of them as well, it is called redundancy. The difference between you and me is that I know it will take time for the Calvary to arrive and plan on that. You and yours would be up shit creek, if you were in the same situation with your attitude. One thing we have learned here is that it takes quite a while for the government to do anything at all.

However let me help you as September is National Preparedness Month!

Plan Ahead for Disasters | Ready.gov

Then you are comfortable with being just one of the unprepared masses unable to stand on your own for a limited period of time? I have a network of people that are willing to help out, but these are local people and kin. But I still have the ability to take care of them as well, it is called redundancy. The difference between you and me is that I know it will take time for the Calvary to arrive and plan on that. You and yours would be up shit creek, if you were in the same situation with your attitude. One thing we have learned here is that it takes quite a while for the government to do anything at all.

However let me help you as September is National Preparedness Month!

Plan Ahead for Disasters | Ready.gov
Bully for you. Now pop over to Puerto Rico and live in a tin shack on a handful of dollars a day. Don't forget to take time out of your day to prepare your tin shack against hurricanes.

Are you deliberately missing the point? Agent Orange made his usual cry of 'FALSE NOOZE!!!'over the numbers, is he lying or not?

Are you deliberately missing the point? Agent Orange made his usual cry of 'FALSE NOOZE!!!'over the numbers, is he lying or not?
No we got off on another point and to be honest I have not been paying attention to him on the news, Football is more important. The actual Hurricane itself did not wipe out 3K, it was the side effects of the event and the death toll was just adjusted from 64 to 2975. Maybe he was briefed about the change and didn't give a shit or Alzheimer's kicked in. Either way it does not change the fact that those that perished are dead, and we have had many examples here of what happens when you rely on the government to save your bacon. To be quite honest until It was mentioned on this post I had no clue about the death toll numbers either.

No we got off on another point and to be honest I have not been paying attention to him on the news, Football is more important. The actual Hurricane itself did not wipe out 3K, it was the side effects of the event and the death toll was just adjusted from 64 to 2975. Maybe he was briefed about the change and didn't give a shit or Alzheimer's kicked in. Either way it does not change the fact that those that perished are dead, and we have had many examples here of what happens when you rely on the government to save your bacon. To be quite honest until It was mentioned on this post I had no clue about the death toll numbers either.
Rest assured that the rulers of the place haven`t got a clue about the death toll either. They do know that by boosting the numbers the haul of gelt will be ramped up marvellously.

Rest assured that the rulers of the place haven`t got a clue about the death toll either. They do know that by boosting the numbers the haul of gelt will be ramped up marvellously.
Well PR was an economic disaster pre hurricane, the worse they can make the effects of the hurricane look the better odds of getting a sympathy deal....

6 reasons why Puerto Rico slid into financial crisis

If one were to think about that for a moment, then you might realize the rest of the nation is not in a hurry to bail them out financially on top of rebuilding their infrastructure.

Latest Threads