The Trump Presidency...

Iran didnt get out of its box, Trump just threw a hissy fit
Nice to see a well-informed and intelligent comment once in a while.

That penny has finally dropped with him. He is a literally compulsive liar. As Guiliani said "Truth isn"'t truth" for him. Truth is whatever he wants it to be. Anything else is "Fake Noos".

It is almost as if he is a Russian. They have an identical way of rewriting facts to fit the view of the State.

All he is now concerned about is the "perjury trap".
If he speaks to the law and, as seems likely, he simply cannot stop himself lying, he is stuck.

If he actually answers questions truthfully, his entire Trump RICO empire built on laundering Russian mob money, is toast, and so is he.

He is obviously going to avoid testifying at all costs, working on the basis that it is better to be thought a villain but presumed innocent until proven guilty, than to take the risk of being proved to be one.
I think that the truth is the last thing going on here, there are two narratives fighting it out..thats all.

Obama had a deal with Iran and Trump ripped it up for no reason other than Obama was behind it
No, Obama had a deal with Iran that effectively took any means of exerting pressure on the regime, short of military action, off the table. Like Trump said, a bad deal.

No, Obama had a deal with Iran that effectively took any means of exerting pressure on the regime, short of military action, off the table. Like Trump said, a bad deal.
Obama made a deal that everyone agreed to and had ways of checking if Iran was following its promises, there was no good reason for taking it off the table other than Obama did, what has Trump done in its place? why throw this one out the window and then try and make a similar deal with North Korea, which didnt happen

I regard him as a 'surfer' you know, someone in a position of power as in Mayor of NY as he was. He lets the worker bees - NYPD, FBI do the ground work, then pitches up to face the cameras and remark it was all at his behest.

He's a vacuous egotist whom UK at one point was forecast to be the ' Mayor or London'. I bet he would have been pretty pissed off to learn that we have a Lord Mayor, albeit a non political figure in a sense, but one who connects the real business of London.

Giuliani and Trump ( not POTUS ) well suited I say.
I agree with your point but strictly speaking the Lord Mayor is only Lord Mayor of the City Of London, not Greater London. And whilst the Lord Mayor is typically an apolitical ceremonial role based on Buggins Turn the Mayor Of London is a strictly political one.

@Pob02 Iran has been found in non-compliance with its NPT safeguards obligations because it "failed in a number of instances over an extended period of time" to report aspects of its enrichment program.

Sanctions would seem perhaps a less violent method than military intervention which was used against Iraq and Syria.

Obama had stopped sanctions Trump has reimposed them

Who's the Cleanest of Them All | RealClearPolitics

Speaking of bad deals....the wonderful Paris Accord....

But fear not, I’m doing my part to combat climate change....by purchasing a Ram 1500.
Jonesy

Rather than bore the Brits to death with your bone comments why don’t you look at some of the available evidence for the existing impact of global warming in Wyoming.

Your glaciers will be gone long before you shuffle off to the choir celestial.

Wyoming

Jonesy

Rather than bore the Brits to death with your bone comments why don’t you look at some of the available evidence for the existing impact of global warming in Wyoming.

Your glaciers will be gone long before you shuffle off to the choir celestial.

Wyoming
I think you gents are doing a fine job on this thread, hence the bone comments. But the article was rather serious in nature. If you can’t get the Indians and Chinese to reduce their emissions all is for naught.

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
@Pob02 Iran has been found in non-compliance with its NPT safeguards obligations because it "failed in a number of instances over an extended period of time" to report aspects of its enrichment program.

Sanctions would seem perhaps a less violent method than military intervention which was used against Iraq and Syria.

Obama had stopped sanctions Trump has reimposed them
Iran and NPT - May 2018 report

Some reading for you.

I am sure you will discard the next article as it is from the Guardian, however it does outline , very simply , why other Nations still want to support the deal as was agreed 3 years ago:

Trump and the Iran deal

I think that the truth is the last thing going on here, there are two narratives fighting it out..thats all.
No. That's the entirely subjective world of negotiable "truth" that Trump and the Kremlin believe in.

There are some things that are true because they are factual.

There are some things that may be arguable or misinterpreted.

When you choose which facts are dispensible so that you can bend your reality to fit the desired 'truth' of the man in power you have a totally corrupted world view.

Trump simply cannot tell the truth. It is well known. He lies all the time, even when it is pointless.

There is no competing narrative. There is Trump, and his proven lies. The only way to have a "competing narrative" is to say that the other side(s) are all lying as well, and there is in fact no truth at all.

And then you are in the total moral and ethical vacuum of Moscow and its associated Right wing fellow travelers and useful idiots. Might is Right. Truth is whatever Big Donald says it is. We have always been at war with Eurasia...

Have read and was interested to see in the reports you provided...
In 2002, the agency began investigating allegations that Iran had conducted clandestine nuclear activities; the IAEA ultimately reported that some of these activities had violated Tehran’s safeguards agreement. Following more than three years of investigation, the IAEA Board of Governors referred the matter to the U.N. Security Council in February 2006. Since then, the council adopted six resolutions requiring Iran to take steps to alleviate international concerns about its nuclear program. This report provides a brief overview of Iran’s nuclear program and describes the legal basis for the actions taken by the IAEA board and the Security Council.

In conclusion it would therefore seem Iran has violated it’s agreements, so why should it now be trusted?