"The Troubles" in pictures. (Belfast Post over the years)

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by dog_eatin_ot_chips, Mar 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 2
  1. Poignant. Very very sad and regretful period that too many still want to see a resurgence.

The likes of Lennon and the jap slap sticking their noses into the fray didn't do any possible chance of peace any good either. How many of the 'celebs' conveniently overlooked the fact that the troops went in to protect the RC nationalist population in the first place, just so they could get a good trendy photo opportunity.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. True. Didn't you like the snappy stable belts the players in that funeral picture?
  3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

picture 24 is pretty impressive did the photographer have a line in on the timer? fcuking envelopes everywhere!
  4. deleted because if I scroll down I can answer my own question - knob! :oops:
  5. Just went through the lot, Paisleys teeth were clasic near the end, feck kissing him.
    Some great photos and some sad memories of lost mates, cheers for finding that lot Dog :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. God, that blew some cobwebs away.

Makralon, torch batteries down the barrel of the FRG and salmonella-riddled chogie burgers.

Sorry? Did I say batteries down the barrel of an FRG? Shome mishtake, shurely?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. FFS that'll cause me some nightmares, I well remember tha envelops all over Royal Ave
  8. I second that sentiment - good and bad memories there
  9. In one the first pic the 2 blokes are wearing massive shin pads, I take it they were just that?
  10. Yup-you were supposed to put them on if you were front rank when the half-bricks and marbles started appearing your way.

Trouble is, you looked like Douglas Bader with your finger in an electrical socket if you tried to run.

Bloody useless things :x
  11. Have you never heard of Irish cricket? The rules are basically the same, just that the kit's a bit different. The fellas were waiting to go in to bat.

12. Anyone got a copy/remember/link to 'Belfast,Belfast,it's a wonderful town,it doesn't matter if your skin is brown,Belfast,Belfast I love you,if you're out of work you can get the brew'.'71/72 I think
  13. Boney M did a song "Belfast" not sure if that was it. Are they still going? Mega afro on the bloke I remember.
  14. Sapperbraindead is referring to Belfast, Belfast by Clubsound. LINK