The totally weird stuff folks around the world eat

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bugsy, Oct 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It’s quite unimaginable, and scary, what folks are prepared to scoff, really:

As a committed vegan, I’d certainly agree with piccie 13 – durian fruit – because it’s absolutely delicious. Don’t be put off by the smell, which is worse, much worse, than MDN’s skiddies after a six-week scheme.

Piccie 17 is interesting in that the intense pigment used by artists and called “Indian Yellow” used to be made from the urine of Indian cattle fed with mango leaves. The problem was that this diet also produced jagged crystals in the cattles’ kidneys that led to a very painful death for the animals, in a country that considers cattle holy. So, after independence, the Indian farmers simply refused to feed mango leaves to their cows and there's been no more (genuine) “Indian Yellow" pigment since.

2. we had a man in Singapore who used to sell these door to mum made us eat them in the garden and hosed us down before letting us back indoors! She detested the smell! I'm sure dad used to buy them on purpose! We called it poo-fruit (we WERE only toddlers)
  3. Stinky tofu. Like gorgonzola with the gain turned up full.

One of the few foods that's ever made me physically sick without some form of poisoning being involved.
  4. guinea pig is nice but not much meat to it.

as is the coffee.
  5. Lol....most of that is disgusting!! Cow urine????
  6. F*ck off chub.

Edited to add:

Why do left wing ideology and eating disorders always go hand in hand?
  7. Most of that looks ok to eat. Cannot be any worse than the way meat is cooked to rubber pretty well everywhere within the UK. Seal meat and seal blubber is wonderful. :D
  8. Black pudding, Haggis, elvers (eels), Cockles, and plenty more others can add, we can hardly poke fun?
  9. H3

H3 LE

How about this little creature ...... it was tossed in a wok then placed in a bag for me ... bit like crispy prawn !!

Attached Files:

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

sorry, mince, MINCE. Not minge. That was a typo.

As a vegitablist I find mince revolting.

Not minge. Mince.
  11. Feck it I eat it all and let my digestive system sort it out
  12. A long time ago some German scouts from Bremen turned up at our place to do some camping and pony trekking.

One of them was called Minge.
  13. It's not an eating disorder. I just don't think that yoomanz are omnivores, that's all.

14. [​IMG]