The Tony Blair Faith Foundation?????

The news in Australia tonight had a report that the former PM Tony BLiar, whose government famously "did not do God" has just launched the Tony Blair Faith Foundation.

Can this really be true, and if so what is it's aims, apart from obviously promoting BLiar himself? I cannot believe that it is a completely selfless act of kindness to bring peace to the world, or he would have called it the International Faith Foundation or something similarly non-self promoting. Can anyone shed light on this strange situation?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Old_Faithfull said:
The news in Australia tonight had a report that the former PM Tony BLiar, whose government famously "did not do God" has just launched the Tony Blair Faith Foundation.

Can this really be true, and if so what is it's aims, apart from obviously promoting BLiar himself? I cannot believe that it is a completely selfless act of kindness to bring peace to the world, or he would have called it the International Faith Foundation or something similarly non-self promoting. Can anyone shed light on this strange situation?
I'm afraid it's true. He converted to the Catholic faith, prayed to his god for forgiveness, even though, as god was his judge, he did the right thing in Iraq!?!?!

After getting stuck into 2 wars in which tens if not hundreds of thousands of baddies got slotted, he then asked for the job of ME peace envoy to make it all alright again, and now believes that he can bring the message of peace, love, charity and his god to the rest of the world, oh, and not forgetting his all-important 'legacy'. He doesn't want to be remembered as the chobber who got everything wrong, or the chimp's chump, or the spakker who couldn't do a proper job of taking caring of this country's interests as PM, he'd much prefer to be seen in the same light as Mother Theresa. TBH, I concur, because she's dead.

Due to the increasingly depressing sales figures for St. Cheries autobiography, Tony has founded a front organisation to distribute her inane dribblings worldwide. If you join his "faith" organisation you get a free Bible. It is only after receiving your free gift, do you realise that the dust cover is just that, a cover. Underneath the smiling (clue there) picture of God is Cheries magnum opous.
You have been warned.

I suddenly have these visions of BLiar and Bush in a "Faith Foundation" Waco style ranch in Texas as leaders of a strange cult that still believes in the Neo-Conservative world order. It is enough to send a shiver down your spine!

Old_Faithfull said:
I suddenly have these visions of BLiar and Bush in a "Faith Foundation" Waco style ranch in Texas as leaders of a strange cult that still believes in the Neo-Conservative world order. It is enough to send a shiver down your spine!
That works for me, who do we have inside the the local ATF-alike?

He intends the foundation to 'bring together all the religions'. Hey. it worked - we all hate him!

bagsy the pastafarian representative on this farce.
feed me enough expansive lunches and i'll probably not ram my trusty pirate saber where it may need a significant refurb :twisted:

Old_Faithfull said:
You might be joking but there have been a number of articles in recent years about how fairly extremist evangelical Christian groups have been infiltrating the US military for a while. Now that's slightly worrying.

I kinda presumed he was planning to anounce himself as the new Messiah.
Tony Blair the Second Coming sort of thing. As long as it presents an oppurtunity to crucify the fukker I will be quite content,

It upsets me as a spam that so many of my compatriots view this clown as America's best friend. Believe it or not he is extremely popular with the American right. I try to explain to them that he is for everything they are against; but to not avail.

A conservative talk radio personality here claimed that Blair is popular in the UK even though people disagree with him on the Iraq War. I no longer listen to her drivel.

Mission Statement

The Tony Blair Faith Foundation aims to promote respect and understanding about the world's major religions and show how faith is a powerful force for good in the modern world.

Faith is vitally important to hundreds of millions of people. It underpins systems of thought and of behaviour. It underpins many of the world's great movements for change or reform, including many charities. And the values of respect, justice and compassion that our great religions share have never been more relevant or important to bring people together to build a better world.

But religious faith can also be used to divide. We have seen throughout history and today we still see how it can be distorted to fan the flames of hatred and extremism.

The Tony Blair Faith Foundation is a response to these opportunities and challenges. We will use the full power of modern communications to support and step up efforts at every level to educate, inform and develop understanding about the different faiths and between them.

At the same time, the Foundation will use its profile and resources to encourage people of faith to work together more closely to tackle global poverty and conflict. By supporting such inter-faith initiatives, the Foundation will help underline the religion's relevance and positive contribution.

The Foundation will not duplicate, let alone seek to replace the many successful initiatives by faith groups already taking place. The aim instead is to promote and enhance this work.

But where the Foundation believes more can be done, we will work with partners to fill the gap.

This means that the Foundation will keep evolving. But its core principles and priorities have been set. You can find out about them on this website. We ask for your help to realise them.
http://tonyblairfaithfoundation.org/about-us/mission-statement.html

This is the mission statement. Notice my bolding, tackle conflict from a man that got us into Iraq and Afghanistan. It's unbelievable. He really has a messiah complex.

Unbelievable, more inane egotistical ranting from a grinning ex-lawyer who still believes in fairy tales about a big fairy up in the sky who knows when we're good and when we're bad, who knows when we're sleeping etc etc (or is that Santa, I can never remember).

How ironic that a qualified barrister, whose job was to compile and interpret evidence, believes in all that superstitious mumbo jumbo, based on bronze age folk tales. The ten commandments have all that stuff about graven images, so Blair decides it's far better to worship statues of the "virgin" Mary. What a complete cunt, and an insane one at that!

Old_Faithfull said:
If they mass exterminate their own then let them crack on. Post PM John Major at least went quietly and dwindled away allowing us to heal our wounds over time. Smiler Blair on the other hand keeps popping up like a bad penny.

Maybe that is one of Tony Blurr's wishes, is to 'amalgamate all faiths'. But the man does have to have his dreams, as long as I am not part of them.

He is probably very serious about trying to promote a better understanding between the Great Faiths of the World, an admirable thing to do. But his track record of achieving things lasting, good, for justice etc is slightly lacking in many respects. [Self-serving and self-publising are more likely]

Maybe its the Actor in him, trying to drum up support for the 'VIP' in him. After all, he likes to be seen strutting his stuff around the Mega-Rich, the Famously-Mega-Rich and super-Filthy-Mungly-Rich and similar types.

I said this once before, and many a true word is spoken in jest... maybe Cherry 'B' will be writing begging letters to Il Papa in Rome to give Tony an important role in World Catholicism, maybe as a Papal Legate or something 'Very Important'..... then there could be, [allegedly] Tony sees a younger and more attactive 'Model' on his travels, and trades in his 'Old Banger'. Its happened to men of his age before -- his mate Sarkozy traded in his old biddy didn't he!! 8O 8O :p

I sincerely hope the Brotherhood of Islam get seriously 'peaceful' on his lunatic arrse. If they can dispatch his perfidious trout of a wife too then I would consider that a Brucie Bonus! One can but dream.

uncle_vanya said:
Maybe that is one of Tony Blurr's wishes, is to 'amalgamate all faiths'.
Yeah, I picked up on that part too. I rather think the Messianic delusion he's always had has just been kicked up a gear. The tw@t will be cutting about in a David Icke-style shellsuit next.

Old_Faithfull said:
If the 2 face wonder & WMF did that we could let slip it's a al-Quida cell......

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Blair is NOT the messiah he's a very naughty boy

Latest Threads