Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Times - MPs call for new ombudsman to stop Armed Forces abuse

but was simultaneously waiting for them to transfer him to a PRU, pending possible MD.

Soldiers are not 'transferred' to a PRU pending possible MD - they are assigned to a PRU, based primarily on clinical need, in order to recover. This may result in a medical discharge.

but the speed at which his MD came

...it would be normal to have 6 months service past confirmation of med discharge. I accept that this period passes extremely quickly, with housing and income stream the top pris, thereby pushing SC to the back of the list.

I find this really interesting, my son is currently waiting for a 'caseworker' at level 3 for his case to be heard. It has taken 2 years and 1 month to get to this level for his Service Complaint to be decided at the appropriate level following a discharge that has been flawed from the moment he was marched in front of the CO for a summary hearing. As a soldier he has no rights when seeking redress in all honesty, from documents that have never been filled out to forged discharge papers - a shocking breach of authority that seems to run through the system. It's not without time that all ranks should have some kind of protection considering the selfless protection they provide to others !

Lorax

Clanker
Although there is nothing strictly legally binding in our relationship with the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), I would suggest that there are increasing numbers of occasions where we have failed to live up to our commitments as outlined by the Helsinki Accords, as documented by the OSCE "Handbook on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms of Armed Forces Personnel"
Handbook on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms of Armed Forces Personnel - Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights

Lorax