the time is glooming

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Chris_2oo6, May 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i fly out on telic 10 tomorrow... and i'm starting to think about allsorts.. whether i'll come home or not etc :? and whether my family will see me again

so has anyone got any last min advice please before i go?

2. Yeah, stop whining. Get out there and do your job. Could have sworn that I didn't feel the need to post on here before I deployed.
  3. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

4. Head up
    dont feel so bloody sorry for yourself
    do your job properly or the worst might happen......
    You might get one of your mates killed

GET ON WITH IT and have some pride fer fecks sake.
  5. Go out get pissed, watch your back, look after your mates, make sure your weapon is fukking spotless, never ever go out without your weapon and body armor. Make a will, get insured have fun!
  6. Don't have too much to drink before a long flight. Two reasons:
    1) You'll be constantly back and forth to the bog.
    2) You'll be dehydrated on the flight anyway and combining this with a hangover will be deeply unpleasant.

You'll have done all your paperwork and packed your kit ten times over so assuming you're back from your embarkation leave you might as well chill out a bit. Go and have a game of pool or go for a run for a bit. If you can get off depot go somewhere for a good steak dinner with a couple of mates but don't go mad at the booze. (See (2) above) ;)

Have a good tour and let us know how you get on.

Good Luck!
  7. lol am not asking for sympathy

am just a bit aprehensive as ive only just come from depot.. think its coz its more "the unknown"

sure once am out there i'll be ok just asking for last min tips thats all
  8. Stay focused, mitigate risks as much as possible, and do not believe G2 assessments until confirmed via mk. I eyeballs... come home safe at the end.

9. with regret I must admit EX STAB GIVES YOU GOOD ADVICE....myself...dont ask......
  10. Dont get lazy, drink loads of water, Shoot Straight, and Enjoy it.

Happy Hunting.