The Tie Digest

I got the quality sample yesterday. Very nice. Just waiting on the samples of the real ARRSE tie now.

Good CO said:
I got the quality sample yesterday. Very nice. Just waiting on the samples of the real ARRSE tie now.
Cheers Good CO,

Let us know when you are ready to take orders &/or advance payment. (Old granny McAbacus spins in her grave!)

"real" ARRSE tie? Think we should have a poll about that one :twisted:

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
Marvellous, my heart is filled with joy. Likewise, please let me know when you want payment.

I have a friend who has a small part in an up-and-coming Hollywood movie as well as some walk-ons on the new series of Holby City and The Bill. He has agreed to wear an ARRSE tie, so we can all do some serious spotting. Unless the costumier says WTF is that around your neck?!!

V!

End of next week-ish, for delivery two weeks later. That is far faster than most companies I spoke to.

Vegetius said:
I have a friend who has a small part in an up-and-coming Hollywood movie as well as some walk-ons on the new series of Holby City and The Bill. He has agreed to wear an ARRSE tie, so we can all do some serious spotting. Unless the costumier says WTF is that around your neck?!!

V!
No-one with only small parts should be used to represent Arrse.

Good CO said:
Many thanks. Cannot wait until I am wearing that tie in the Mess!!!

Good CO

I am very excited - I have the perfect opportunity for mass exposure of the tie soon.

Barbs

I have been away from ARRSE for a day or two. Can someone confirm that we went for 3 versions: country, town and THE Arrse Tie (or number 4 to it's friends)?

Ta.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Will the bow tie be available as well?

I have a Beating of the Retreat to attend on 15 Jul 05. An ARRSE tie would be good.

Almost certainly. We've seen a sample bow tie and it's nice, but we need to look at it with the broad stripe silk to make sure it's OK before finally going for it.

Perhaps, as a compromise, the bow tie could be in a different style, namely Number 4!

Show your support for the Number 4 Bow Tie!

Good CO said:
Almost certainly. We've seen a sample bow tie and it's nice, but we need to look at it with the broad stripe silk to make sure it's OK before finally going for it.
Broad Stripe = No 4.

Am I right or am I right??

My apologies to those who are going to buy a tie, but haven't yet, but I've had to put the price up - I forgot about VAT and that has completely swallowed the profit on the double tie price, and not far off on the single ties. Also I was quoted an approximate price, so if it goes up we may actually loose on the double ties. After VAT, The hidden killer is paypal who charge us 81p for 18 quid, or 1.29 for 32 quid.

I'm not too worried as I think the benefits to the site are far beyond any small profit made and many thanks for the support of those who've already ordered - it takes the pressure off when paying a stack up front for loads of ties.

Finally of course, we can hardly complain about the donations this month! (see front page).

Thanks to all.

GCO.

No one wants ARRSE to loose money. If we needto pay extra, then I'm sure the ARRSE community will do. How about "donation" to cover the difference?? I will do it i you let us know the details!!!!

GBTD

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Oracle Army Pay, Claims & JPA 8
V Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0
W The Intelligence Cell 27