The Three Most Expensive Cars in The World: $11m to $30m

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by tripster, May 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Make your mind up, was it a Consul or a Classic. They were two different models of Fords back in the nineteen fifties and sixties. I know......... I used to work on them.
  2. He is correct. It was the Ford Consul Classic.

There was also a Ford Consul Capri.
  3. Well, roger me backwards with a pineapple.

I did my apprenticeship with a Ford Main Dealer, Willments, the garage on the round-about by Twickenham Rugby Ground, (although it is no longer Willments or Ford now), as I said, I worked on lots of Corsairs, some Capris and a few Classics. We were never told that they were to be called "Consuls".

Our fun filter won't let me write the rest of what I wanted to say.
  4. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Yes, but they still can't corner.

I bloody hate American cars. They are universally shite
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

A friend of mine had a Ford Capri MkII in mint condition,about 3 months ago,she put it into the garage for it's MOT & they wrote it off!
    Ford Capri...what's not to like!
  6. Why,these can't go around corners either,the Dodge in Bullit had to slow down to keep it and the PONY !!!!!!!!car in shot,and as stated before Dodge dont go round corners well either. :p
  7. Why would you want a beautiful car like that simply to rag it?
  8. "...1961 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Spyder California....Chris Evans, who paid $11m for the privilege of owning it"

Can't make my mind up between the Ferrari and Billy Piper.. which would I rather have?
  9. 11 million doesn't stop him from being ginger. :)
  10. My bold, which I find quite ironic, how can you Dodge in a straight line, surely you need to go round corners :D
  11. I second that.
    However the missus does have a 2004 mustang convertable.
  12. Oh,how obtuse,you can drive a Dodge car,fast in a straight line,but don't try to go round corners quick,you f*cking grammar nazi!
  13. The article has already been edited because Chris Evans ( !4 May) has just paid £12m ($20m) for a '63 Ferrari. At the rate he's buying them the whole article will have to be rewritten in a couple of weeks! :eek: