The Three Choughs in Blandford

#1
Anyone know why this place has closed down? Yeah it was a crapp hole but its random topic of conversation in the office
 
#4
No way - I was planning to go there tomorrow night after a bit of Ottoman action! Looks like the Nelson, Kings and the Railway then.
 
#5
I heard that it was closing a couple of months back.

Gone down the sh1tter anyway. Used to have the best Jukey in town and many a happy hour was spent trying to hook that fcuking ring on the spike.
 
#6
PapaGolf said:
Anyone know why this place has closed down? Yeah it was a crapp hole but its random topic of conversation in the office
Pubs across the country are in severe trouble. Use them or lose them!

Litotes
 
#8
as far as i know it went under due to money problems. the kings is also being/has been sold off by john (who owns the kings, nelsons and the farqui (in pimperne) due to the manager costing him £20k in an employment tribunal for sacking one of the bar maids.

nelsons is fine though - as far as i am aware (thank god, only decent place to get a pint in blandford)
 
#9
heidtheba said:
Good, it was a hole anyway, nearly as good as the G spot :wink:
G spot - later called - fcuk can't remember the name (doesn't matter it was a dive! :p ) shut down years ago!! :p

edited to add - it was called the voltz :-D , who thought it'd be a good idea to stick it out on the industrial estate, out in the arrse end of no-where?
 
#10
It was changed to VOLTZ if my memory serves me right, what a place!!! It was definantely one of those places you wiped your feet on the way out!!!
 
#11
Crimson_Chin said:
heidtheba said:
Good, it was a hole anyway, nearly as good as the G spot :wink:
G spot - later called - fcuk can't remember the name (doesn't matter it was a dive! :p ) shut down years ago!! :p

edited to add - it was called the voltz :-D , who thought it'd be a good idea to stick it out on the industrial estate, out in the arrse end of no-where?
That cost you a fortune to get back and the beer was watered down.

I think they should move the School to somewhere more social, like Wales................... :wink:
 
#12
bugger, i was never one for the long walk to other pubs unless it really had to be done. all that fresh air and random stumbling sobers you up a right treat.

plus i was never a fan of the railway after the evil **** behind the bar said i was too pissed to order 2 pints and a coke. the coke was for me as i was duty clutch that night and hadnt had a drop. what school of bartending did she go to? hope she chokes.
 
#13
heidtheba said:
Crimson_Chin said:
heidtheba said:
Good, it was a hole anyway, nearly as good as the G spot :wink:
G spot - later called - fcuk can't remember the name (doesn't matter it was a dive! :p ) shut down years ago!! :p

edited to add - it was called the voltz :-D , who thought it'd be a good idea to stick it out on the industrial estate, out in the arrse end of no-where?
That cost you a fortune to get back and the beer was watered down.

I think they should move the School to somewhere more social, like Wales................... :wink:
WALES!! WALES!?? how dare you! it's not that bad! :-D anyone with an ounce of sense would go to poole/bournemouth on the lash anyways, cheaper beer, more skirt and you're less likely to get 'attacked' by the local 'hardmen' (read 18-19 year olds who think they're the hardest things around :roll: - most of which i went to school with :p )
 
#16
heidtheba said:
Crimson_Chin said:
heidtheba said:
Good, it was a hole anyway, nearly as good as the G spot :wink:
G spot - later called - fcuk can't remember the name (doesn't matter it was a dive! :p ) shut down years ago!! :p

edited to add - it was called the voltz :-D , who thought it'd be a good idea to stick it out on the industrial estate, out in the arrse end of no-where?
That cost you a fortune to get back and the beer was watered down.

I think they should move the School to somewhere more social, like Wales................... :wink:
Brawdy............. :wink:
 
#17
The beer was shit, and they never turned the heating on. My only good memory of that pub was watching us smash the Aussies in the rugby World Cup final a few years back at 0815hrs on a Saturday morning, and they even provided sausage sarnies.

Nelsons all the way, quiz night Tuesday and live music on a Thursday... then off to The Railway to sample the guest ales and annoy Nigel by playing Metallica all night on his jukebox.
 
#18
The owner has always been a bit of a big timer. Seems like he might have over stretched himself?

As a slight aside, his brother, Chris, was responsible for the best punch that I have ever seen thrown. In the Kings, he was arguing with his bird, and she goaded him into hitting her. He told her that he didn't hit women, turned round and smacked this fella stood at the bar minding his own business and knocked him halfway to Dorchester. Great punch.
 
#19
chuffs tiff gspot, chuffs tiffs gspot, chuffs tiffs gspot. A glorious 3 years, never made Bournemouth/Poole once.
Mid nineties the 'Spot' was spot on, people came from miles around not just the local bail hostel.
Did anyone sup a pint in the Half Moon? It was like boozing in your grannys front room.
 
#20
As an aside. from the early 90's. I remember the kebab shop (ottomans?) used to have bank notes from all over the globe pinned up behind the counter that guys from 30 sigs had dropped in upon return from their travels. I fired in some saudi riyals. Is it, and the notes still there? Just curious. Smashing kebabs too.
 

Similar threads