The thought police are after me

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Here's a list of one part of the tender form that we had to fill in for a particular contract in the public sector:

Please confirm your Organisation has the following procedures

Safeguarding Adults from Abuse
Health & Safety
Equalities & Diversity
Complaints
Confidentiality
Bullying & Harassment
Recruitment
Induction
Supervision & Training
Whistle Blowing

Do you have a written Equalities, Equal Opportunities or Equality and Diversity Policy which complies with your legal obligations?
If your answer is “Yes”, please provide a copy marked 11.1. If your answer is “No”, please explain why.

Please confirm your intent to comply with all legislation, official guidance and codes of practice relating to equalities, including but not limited to The Equality Act 2010 which details the protected characteristics of:
1. Age
2. Disability
3. Gender Reassignment
4. Marriage and Civil Partnership
5. Pregnancy and Maternity
6. Race
7. Religion or Belief
8. Sex
9. Sexual Orientation

Is it your practice not to discriminate in any ways in breach of legislation, official guidance and codes of practice relating to equal opportunities, including but not limited to, the Equality Act 2010, in relation to:

Decisions to recruit, select, remunerate, train, transfer, promote and release employees?

Performance of your contractual obligations whilst delivering goods and services?

Are your staff with managerial responsibilities required to receive equalities training?
If yes, please provide brief details of such training.

Do you provide written instructions to managers and supervisors on equality in recruitment, selection, training, promotion, discipline and dismissal of employees?
If yes, please provide brief details of such instructions.

Do you have procedures in place to protect your employees from unlawful discrimination by other employees and by members of the public?
If yes, please provide brief details of such instructions.

Do you mention in your organisation’s recruitment advertisements and publicity literature (including your website) that equalities practices are in place?
If yes, please provide examples.

In the last three years has any finding of unlawful discrimination, victimisation or harassment been made against your Organisation by any court or industrial or employment tribunal?

In the last three years has your Organisation been subject of a formal investigation on grounds of alleged unlawful discrimination, victimisation or harassment by, for example, the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC)?

The excerpt above is one part of a 34 page questionnaire which we had to complete for a project with a total cost of about £12,000. I reckon that completing the above added £2,000 to the job.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I can't complete this online course as my knee hurts from kneeling and I can't type with my fist in the air

Last edited:
Our Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer (no joke, that department actually exists) has assigned all managers an online course to complete.

Equity Sequence Training. From what I can gather, this will teach me how to think like a snowflake.

Has anyone had the misfortune to complete this indoctrination?
Tell them you have no time as you are attending BLM Demos on a full time basis?

It won't be problem soon

The 264-page report makes 24 recommendations which include:........

• The acronym BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) should no longer be used because differences between groups are as important as what they have in common
  • Organisations should stop funding unconscious bias training, with government and experts developing resources to help advance workplace equality
My bold

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Tell them what they want to hear and they will go away and leave you in peace.

It's simple...just remember to chant 'Four Legs Good, Two Legs Ba-a-a-a-ad! ' every morning upon waking and all will be well.

Until your Chief Panjandrum All-Highest tells you you've got it all WRONG (dolt!) and it has ALWAYS been

' Two Legs Good ! FOUR legs Bad! '

Jings - this isn't rocket science Red, get with the programme :)

Remember.... if they had thought police they would have known you had PTSD years ago...so, lets open todays box and see what happens...

why is this a problem for anyone? Just say that you were always a fan of Dame Edna Everage and thought that the panto dames are hilarious at Christmas.

I have mentioned on another forum on here that the in-office website covered the experiences of a BAME employee. In the article she noted that in meetings she would often be the only non-white face there (if you are in a small meeting then this will obviously be the case). She later applied for a promotion and failed - she didn’t say it as much but the obvious hint it was due to her skin colour.
She then sought out advice, undertook training and got the promotion - so it wasn’t due to her skin colour but a lack on a personal level.

I usually volunteer for outreach programs and anything else I think will be fun. Last year it was to help coach in job interviews in a local school. i was the only bloke there - not only that but I was the only one who turned up looking like someone who worked in an office and would be dressed for an interview. For some reason the Head ignored our team leader and was chatting to me the most - the team leader would probably think it was due to the fact that I was a bloke, rather than the fact I turned up looking smart, well presented and was well organised (leather folio for notes rather than a shabby note pad in her backpack).

I am sure that this is an implicit bias or something, suits are sexist and I am guilty of, well something. Quite possibly...

It's simple...just remember to chant 'Four Legs Good, Two Legs Ba-a-a-a-ad! ' every morning upon waking and all will be well.

Until your Chief Panjandrum All-Highest tells you you've got it all WRONG (dolt!) and it has ALWAYS been

' Two Legs Good ! FOUR legs Bad! '

Jings - this isn't rocket science Red, get with the programme :)

Thank you.

I'll commence the programme tomorrow morning.

We had a Sgt that had obviously got promoted from private using the race card... Devalued the Army.

and he was very incompetent, which we don't normally accept........ But nobody told me.

RedDinger

War Hero
But but but where will all the otherwise totally unemployable clueless sticky hand-jive merchants who dream up/run these courses then get their overpaid incomes from?
Don't worry. They still have LGBTQIA+ to make up "facts" about to justify their existence.

Stibbon

Old-Salt
More information than I needed to know.

For the record, I am currently completely naked. Just to put you off your lunch.

It's more common than you think.

I myself answered the door to my neighbour completely naked the other day.

I'm unsure what upset her the most - me being naked or me being in her house? ;)

"More affirmation than a request for data.... the thought police are after you is because that's what they want you to think... you have run to the secret hiding place..... you will not leave this place alive......

AAAAH Hello Kitty Pizza , my favourite!! Remember Guys... knitting club for the next week only is a Tuesday to accommodate Lavinias special operation!....... what do you mean the mike is still live"?

theinventor

War Hero
Where I work has just brought in a thing where you can go into the company directory and select a preferred pronoun and describe how to pronounce your name.
It's actually really useful not to have to guess whether Sanjeeta is a he or she (ditto for all the Pats, Sams, Lesleys... ) without having to look at and risk misinterpreting the grainy photo. Shame its been dressed up as an equality thing as its just common sense really.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
the notion that LGBTQ+ is in any sense a homogeneous entity
Same with BAME. How long have we had the term? What time is it now? I saw last week that BAME is no longer to be preferred. FFS.

Strange to see this matter on a military chat site. The British Army normally slightly reflect what the mad civvies are doing by 10 years..... an interesting buffer.

I can't complete this online course as my knee hurts from kneeling and I can't type with my fist in the air

You know you can take your fist out of Gordon the Gopher now

Gordon is not selling on-line gin..... I can spot desperation.

Latest Threads