The thought police are after me

Won the Eurovision Song Contest several years back. I think it's a bit confused tbh.

'Neuwirth has stated that he is not a trans woman, but is a cis man. He is gay, and has also described himself as a drag queen. He uses she/her pronouns to describe his Conchita Wurst character, but he/him pronouns when referring to himself.'
And there was me thinking it was some attention seeking publicity gimmick.

Our Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer (no joke, that department actually exists) has assigned all managers an online course to complete.

Equity Sequence Training. From what I can gather, this will teach me how to think like a snowflake.

Has anyone had the misfortune to complete this indoctrination?
This sounds to me as though someone has identified a business opportunity and may well become equipped with (quantities of)five pound notes to apply in both financial and personal situations... etc!
I've done Equality and Diversity training in the past, though in plainer language. Keep your head down and bellyfeel Newspeak double plus good; you'll survive.

Our Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer (no joke, that department actually exists) has assigned all managers an online course to complete.

Equity Sequence Training. From what I can gather, this will teach me how to think like a snowflake.

Tell them you're Muslim and think gheyers should be thrown of tall buildings.

Bloody hell!
Just tried to google that. Most of the results seem to be linked to some company called Tidal Equality. All of their website links time out when selected.
I did find an article: Building Equality One Decision and One Question at a Time: Imagine Canada Learns the Equity Sequence™️ | Imagine Canada which shows that tidal equality know that Unconscious Bias training is bollox but they still train it.

Without knowing what Equity Sequence training is, or what it involves, I am confident that it will be a waste of your time and your company's money.

I got half way through the first attached article and felt it was lots of words that actually said nothing(?)
A master class in buzz word bingo.

I have noticed that quite a few of our Senior Leadership Team have their preferred pronouns in their signature block.

Our LGBTQ+ rep in my office building is very right on - we get regular missives about various ‘weeks’ and ‘days’, events etc. And as far as I can tell it is only the managers that take part or log onto the Teams call to listen in and contribute.

The two openly gay men I know of in work are more manly than most of the examples of metrosexual males at large in modern society - they are also top blokes and if they got any crap for their lifestyle choices pretty much everyone would pile in on the twats doing it. That I think says more than any diversity training ever could.

An LGBTQ+ rep in your office?
What the flying f**k is that all about!
I am so glad I'm old and have left this BS behind.

Dredd

LE
No this is a SJW

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F279e22da-7e92-4dc7-acc8-5c0d97c53561_1468x884.png

That is an excellent picture.

The little boy is standing up proudly going "I'm a warrior!" and the old salt behind is looking on as if to say "But are you, really?"

The web site has all the characteristics of scam marketing.. puff pieces. pseudo-science research, constant dangling of the cherry (the 5 questions) can they make you wealthy and cure diabetes as well?

Dredd

LE
Hot off the press - turns out we are not as institutionally racist as some would have us believe.

One key recommendation from the report is this:

• Organisations should stop funding unconscious bias training, with government and experts developing resources to help advance workplace equality

However, as usual, the second part of the sentence contradicts the first part.

And once again, we have to change how we refer to people because it was the gubbins we all saw it as but were forced into using in fear of repercussions:

• The acronym BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) should no longer be used because differences between groups are as important as what they have in common

Of course they have little in common - how you act is more to do with local cultural norms than the colour of your skin, as we have been saying all along. People of the same colour can be quite different when living 1000km away. What links us though is humanity and behaviours that have evolved over the millennia. The problem now though is - how do you categorise without categorising in case you fall foul of accusations of not adequately categorising for the purposes of measurement to ensure inclusion.

Still, gives our plethora of I&D Officers something to do for a wee while, doesn't it.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm going to have to suggest (during a recorded meeting) that we should have diversity, inclusion etc training and a suitable rep for the company. The not at all sexist-or-racist Saffer manager will stutter himself to death, especially when I say that as the manager he will have to take the role.

RedDinger

War Hero
As you're retiring, answer every question the opposite of what they want. And let us know many meltdowns are achieved.
I would do this if it were a face to face (or zoom) meeting. Unfortunately, its an online one you have to do yourself.
So I intend to just ignore it. and any subsequent emails on the subject. Its just the latest in a long line of crap on the topic.

I'm looking forward to finishing so I don't have to put up with it anymore.

RedDinger

War Hero
Hot off the press - turns out we are not as institutionally racist as some would have us believe.

One key recommendation from the report is this:

However, as usual, the second part of the sentence contradicts the first part.

And once again, we have to change how we refer to people because it was the gubbins we all saw it as but were forced into using in fear of repercussions:

Of course they have little in common - how you act is more to do with local cultural norms than the colour of your skin, as we have been saying all along. People of the same colour can be quite different when living 1000km away. What links us though is humanity and behaviours that have evolved over the millennia. The problem now though is - how do you categorise without categorising in case you fall foul of accusations of not adequately categorising for the purposes of measurement to ensure inclusion.

Still, gives our plethora of I&D Officers something to do for a wee while, doesn't it.
I have tried to make this point before, but it falls on deaf ears (or more likely closed ears). In my team I have people from Pakistan, India, Nigeria, Surinam, Morocco, British Asian and British West Indian.

To use a term that puts them all into the same category is discriminatory in itself. I tried to ask what does a British man born and raised in London, whose Grandad came from Jamaica, have in common with a refugee from Somalia.

I'm wasting my breath though, as people who agree are scared to say so.

Stibbon

Old-Salt
I have tried to make this point before, but it falls on deaf ears (or more likely closed ears). In my team I have people from Pakistan, India, Nigeria, Surinam, Morocco, British Asian and British West Indian.

To use a term that puts them all into the same category is discriminatory in itself. I tried to ask what does a British man born and raised in London, whose Grandad came from Jamaica, have in common with a refugee from Somalia.

It stems from left-wing self loathing.

What they would really like as a label would be "non-white".

It's the new "Unconscious Bias" training that will allow you operate effectively within a snowflakey environment, creating a safe space for both yourself and those around you.

Feel the love and embrace it. :D
There's only one answer to that. "---- off you cnut."

Many years ago, when the Diversity industry was just gathering speed, I came up with a plan that a few months before I retired I was going to come out as a gay man who still wanted to sleep with women and had no interest in sleeping with men. I figured it would send the earnest stary types into a flat spin, knowing I was taking the piss, but unsure if they could discipline me.
Roll on 20 years and I am now four months from retirement. If I executed my plan I suspect that I would now end up on a poster!

There is a very serious debate lurking in there. Even with the most charitable interpretation, the research used to support the notion that LGBTQ+ is in any sense a homogeneous entity is at best massively selective. More worryingly, the wholesale acceptance of it by the MOD and other organisations may have more to do with the fact that they have been caught intellectually napping, and don't know how to think their way to a more sensible conclusion.

The kind of diversity training I'd prefer to see is that which shows leaders how to deal with a dispute between a hardcore feminist and a trans soldier, where the former does not recognise the right of the latter to be considered a woman because 'she' did not grow to maturity as one. Surely the key to all this lies in recognising that anyone who defines their entire existence and relates to the world though the lens of a single characteristic is first in serious need of professional help, and second should most definitely not be allowed to dictate or proscribe the behaviour of those around them.

It stems from left-wing self loathing.

What they would really like as a label would be "non-white".

As George Orwell said

England is perhaps the only great country whose intellectuals 
are ashamed of their own nationality. In left-wing circles it is always 
felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman 
and that it is a duty to snigger at every English institution, from horse 
racing to suet puddings.

It is a strange fact, but it is unquestionably 
true that almost any English intellectual would feel more ashamed of 
standing to attention during ‘God save the King’ than of stealing from a 
poor box. All through the critical years many left-wingers were chipping 
away at English morale, trying to spread an outlook that was sometimes 
pacifist, sometimes violently pro-Russian, but always