The thought police are after me

RedDinger

War Hero
Our Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer (no joke, that department actually exists) has assigned all managers an online course to complete.

Equity Sequence Training. From what I can gather, this will teach me how to think like a snowflake.
By learning Equity Sequence, you’ll become equipped with five questions to apply in both work and personal situations. These questions will help you ensure you’re making the best, and most equitable, decisions possible. That way we’ll make sure no one is left behind.
Has anyone had the misfortune to complete this indoctrination?

Our Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer (no joke, that department actually exists) has assigned all managers an online course to complete.

Equity Sequence Training. From what I can gather, this will teach me how to think like a snowflake.

Did somebody piss on his Monday morning?
Praise be to the Lord that I'm free of all that bollox now.
Best of luck coming up with something to appease the anus.

Tell them what they want to hear and they will go away and leave you in peace.

How much do you like or need your job?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Email that person back and complain that as you identify as black and gender fluid you don't need to do this.

Tell 'em you feel this course disadvantages and demeans you because you assumed you were already doing what was required under the Equity Sequence banner. You feel there is a level of harassment by being made to attend this course and can they point out your shortcomings concerning equity and inclusion. Also this policy breaches your rights to work without distraction thus endangering your capacity to work without fear or favour. :cool:

Stibbon

Old-Salt
It's the new "Unconscious Bias" training that will allow you operate effectively within a snowflakey environment, creating a safe space for both yourself and those around you.

Feel the love and embrace it. :D

Did you not say recently that you had handed in your notice ? ( It could have been someone else )

You know what the answers are :evil::evil:

syrup

LE

Arrive in a dress and express the wish to be called Jemma
That should keep them sweet for a while

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Arrive in a dress and express the wish to be called Jemma
That should keep them sweet for a while

It's online so he/she/it/they can wear anything/nothing

Bloody hell!
Just tried to google that. Most of the results seem to be linked to some company called Tidal Equality. All of their website links time out when selected.
I did find an article: Building Equality One Decision and One Question at a Time: Imagine Canada Learns the Equity Sequence™️ | Imagine Canada which shows that tidal equality know that Unconscious Bias training is bollox but they still train it.

Without knowing what Equity Sequence training is, or what it involves, I am confident that it will be a waste of your time and your company's money.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's actually worse than you think. "They" are not out to get you... "They" want to you become one of "Them"

no not one of THEM

1617105980077.png

or "one of them"

1617105940507.png

but one of them

1617106011761.png

RedDinger

War Hero
Did somebody piss on his Monday morning?
Praise be to the Lord that I'm free of all that bollox now.
Best of luck coming up with something to appease the anus.
Report for re-training immediately. She is a lady of colour.

RedDinger

War Hero
Did you not say recently that you had handed in your notice ? ( It could have been someone else )

You know what the answers are :evil::evil:
Yes, that was me. I'm retiring at the end of May. So I have no intention of doing this training.

Maybe I should thank they for reinforcing my decision.

Tell that Officer you're transgender, that you self identify as black, and that you're in a lesbian relationship with a woman

Job Jobbed, you'll literally be untouchable, even if you do say anything not considered PC

Latest Threads