The thing you have always wanted. Time to do it

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hello my little chickadees. You are getting on my ******* tits. And that is not a good thing. Is it?

Glad we agree on that.

re the Jag I agreed totally. One of these days. 'Aspirational purchase' hell yeah.
One of these days? It strikes me that if you want to drive a thing you should do it now. Not one of these days. Because one of these days you will be ******* dead.

So, those of us still in the land of the living....

Cars you have never drived but want to.

MGB GT. The girly convertible would have done.

And the Opal Kommador looked like it could take a spanking.

I've always had a thing for rally cars. Would have liked to have a thrash of a Lancia Stratos or Integrale, maybe a Ford RS200.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I've never drived (sic) an Aston, but that's pretty much the only thing that stirs the loins these days. The Mrs wants a sports car. She was none too happy when I traded the XK8 for my truck. Can't afford an Aston, so she'll have to wait and like the truck a bit longer.
My boss has one it's great fun but not much legroom and no room for the dog. At 70yr old his reaction times aren't so good but **** it's still fun.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If I had to narrow it down to just one, I'd go for a DB5 and not the pretty boy James Bond one, it's gotta be the Zagato.

Citroen Xsara Picaso in a sickly metalic colour scheme. I'd love to know what it feels like to be completely pussy whipped and to know that you are now invisible to all women, including the mother of your children.

MG fun in red.

Car - Jaguar XK150 drophead 3.5ltr in cardinal red with back leather seats. Pure aesthetic class
Motorbike - Triumph Rocket 3 matt black roadster, goes like snot and rolls on rails, superb frame design mated with a spot on engine.

Boldnotold

LE
Book Reviewer
Hello my little chickadees. You are getting on my ******* tits. And that is not a good thing. Is it?

Glad we agree on that.

One of these days? It strikes me that if you want to drive a thing you should do it now. Not one of these days. Because one of these days you will be ******* dead.

So, those of us still in the land of the living....

Cars you have never drived but want to.

MGB GT. The girly convertible would have done.

And the Opal Kommador looked like it could take a spanking.
The performance of the GT or the MGB Roadster would have disappointed you, Mr. The Duke. The 1.8 iron lump was not remarkable for its performance.

What you really would like is the MGB GT V8. A significant improvement on the standard model.

Or at a pinch, the MGC with the straight 6 Triumph engine and the tear-shaped pimple on the bonnet.

Boldnotold

LE
Book Reviewer
For me it would have to be a DB6 for weekdays, with a V12 E-type drophead for Sundays.

Ferrari F40 ..... but I think I would rather leave it undriven .... been lucky enough or in the right place at the right time to have driven or ridden most of the cars / bikes I have at some time or the other lusted after .... with a very few exceptions they didn't live up to expectations or at least how I imagined they would be..... or in the case of the 6R4 seemed to think the engine should still be leading the way despite being behind the seats..... I have never driven a car that seemed so keen to spin at least 180% with little or no warning...probably because I ran out of talent or ability well before the car had reached its limit.

What about the MG RV8? IN BRG with cream leather and those MG rover alloy's, they only looked good on the RV8, pity most went to Japan.

Ferrari F40 ..... but I think I would rather leave it undriven .... been lucky enough or in the right place at the right time to have driven or ridden most of the cars / bikes I have at some time or the other lusted after .... with a very few exceptions they didn't live up to expectations or at least how I imagined they would be..... or in the case of the 6R4 seemed to think the engine should still be leading the way despite being behind the seats..... I have never driven a car that seemed so keen to spin at least 180% with little or no warning...probably because I ran out of talent or ability well before the car had reached its limit.
I drove a Testarossa on a track day, amongst others. I was supposed to be driving a 328, (it was a few years ago), but our one had broken down so they brought the Testarossa out. It was explained to me, it goes well but.......... it has no breaks, can't do corners, has a gearbox which can be a 'lucky dip', it was made for the US market. He wasn't fukin bullshitting, went like stink on the straight, you might as well get out and push it round the corners.

"He wasn't fukin bullshitting, went like stink on the straight, you might as well get out and push it round the corners."
Like the Lambo Countach then...... sounded awsome , looked fantastic , drove like sh*t .I wanted one though as a kid .... just like the one in Cannonball Run compleat with the two girls.