Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

"The Thing" Prequel Trailer

Norris-Thing_Head.jpg

That's a bit of all right. I hope they also do a reprise of the scene where all the guys are tied up to chairs while one guy sticks a heated wire into a petri dish of blood in an attempt to smoke out the creature. Surprise!!

I hope they do "the Thing" justice - IMHO still the original and best alien horror.

As in the "tied to chairs" scene, I think the aspect that makes the original film appeal is the way the cast portrayed realistic panicked, gibbering human terror - instead of the soap-opera reactions in most other sci-fi horror flics.

Norris-Thing_Head.jpg

That's a bit of all right. I hope they also do a reprise of the scene where all the guys are tied up to chairs while one guy sticks a heated wire into a petri dish of blood in an attempt to smoke out the creature. Surprise!!

Where did you get that shot from? The Thing is one of my fav's, I downloaded the original when I found out it was being re-made, cant wait for the remake. I like the bit where the doc's arms get ripped off while he is doing CPR.

Maccready getting pissed while destroying his chess computer is nails and sets the tone for the rest of the film. I grew my first beard in honour of that scene alone.

the story could be interesting and obviously aimed at the younger viewers like all the current remakes of classic old films with young good looking actors and a sellable soundtrack - even though they all seem to use the same bloody music.

I hope they havent thrown too much cgi at it as films like this work better with good camera work rather than special effects.

does this mean a second thing remake in the pipeline?