The Territorial Army still has much to offer

Course it does and its the way forward for the countries armed forces.
Funny just been down the local watering hole and the bar maid and a customer were talking about the army. Her husband joined the TA when he was young but "he always regretted joining the proper army as the TA is a pretend army"
Oh how times have changed for some of us!

When on tour people don't realise who is TA or not, well not until our webbing falls apart! lol
Our country won wars on TA. We are the best of both worlds.

Course it does and its the way forward for the countries armed forces.
Funny just been down the local watering hole and the bar maid and a customer were talking about the army. Her husband joined the TA when he was young but "he always regretted joining the proper army as the TA is a pretend army"
Oh how times have changed for some of us!
That was Craven A's wife probably! Have you read the shite those mouldy old stabs write about us on here? 'Hard men, war junkies' and some other bollocks.

Did you bung her a slice?

That was Craven A's wife probably! Have you read the shite those mouldy old stabs write about us on here? 'Hard men, war junkies' and some other bollocks.

Did you bung her a slice?
Mate I tried but she seemed interested in her husband for some reason, I was going to pull the Afghan card out but thought I would leave that for the arrse's on here.
I myself just relied on my good looks and charmed to get blown out as usual.

I say we rename the terminology STAB to "Special Tactical Assault Bears", um, can't think of something more appropriate for the B?

Anyone seen any plans of how we grow to 30K yet? Given the previous cuts to the TA it would seem we're not starting from a great baseline to meet target...

Anyone seen any plans of how we grow to 30K yet? Given the previous cuts to the TA it would seem we're not starting from a great baseline to meet target...
There are no plans yet - the review has only just reported... but I await them with breath as bated as yours :)

I suspect we will get what we have now, only with more money thrown at it: large agency gets loads of money, national adverts at huge expense, no-one is held accountable to actual targets, two years later people move on and the result is that units are left fannying around trying to scrape a few quid together to produce something that is local and relevant.

This guy has an amusing take on what happens when you give people with a lot of power, a lot of money: Rory Sutherland: Sweat the small stuff | Video on TED.com

msr

I fail to see the point in increasing the TA when you can't get the individuals you have now to deploy.
The % of TA currently on Ops is as little as 0.7 % in certain Corps', even when mandated to supply only 1.1%, now that embarrassing!
Unless the Gov seriously change the way it deploys individuals, you will never lose the "Weekend Warrior", "Drinking Club", "easy extra cash" image.

I fail to see the point in increasing the TA when you can't get the individuals you have now to deploy.
The % of TA currently on Ops is as little as 0.7 % in certain Corps', even when mandated to supply only 1.1%, now that embarrassing!
Unless the Gov seriously change the way it deploys individuals, you will never lose the "Weekend Warrior", "Drinking Club", "easy extra cash" image.
We are not 'mandated' to supply any amount - we supply what is asked of us by LAND. What is embarrassing is that the regular army has to dip into the TA to maintain current ops.

msr

Which corps?

Tempted to think your quoting figures out of context (presume it's Sigs or another corps with a trades not currently needed) and you've stated they are providing around 70% of the required quota

You made that up to fuel you're rage. ********.