The Telephony for drunks...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Rocketeer, Jul 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay.. which one of you ARRSERS is in on this one? Sounds like a MDN scam to me.. but, hey.. if it makes a buck or two and it saves just one lad, then...

A Cellphone aimed at drinkers is being put on sale in Britain [ story was in the Sunday Times so its got to be true, right? ] Samsung LP4100 targeted at hard living, hard drinking people [ squaddies all no doubt ] promising to help them avoid drunk driving and drunk dialling.. If the user has exceeded the drinking limit when blowing into the phone, it gives a warning. The phone can also block selected phone numbers in the address book such as former girlfriends, bezzers, bosses, parents and kebab houses...

sadly, they are not on sale where I live...

2. Drunken dialling, the cure ! SOLD what an excellent DTS tool

3. Absolute quality!

Mind you, anything that stops you minging-ringing must be a good idea! :D

4. I can see it being passed around the group seeing who is most fcuked, prompting the losers to start hitting the shots to catch up. Fantastic.

Where can I get one?

5. It's a bit like the most recent ex - Mrs morty in that it makes annoying noises, costs a fortune and keeps banging on about how p!ssed I am. Bet ya can't shag it though.

6. Surly the prefect drinking phone should include the following features;

Ability to be dunked into a pint.

Prevent the taxi driver from stealing it after you left it in a cab.

Have a speed dial for the nearest cab.

Tell you where the nearest kebab house is.

Indestructible as its thrown across the street in a fit of rage.

Tell you when the number the bird just gave you is a duff.

any other ideas?

7. The drink and dial blocker was set up by Virgin mobile in Australia. Not sure who is running it here but it has been a huge success over there.

8. I can't see the point...That's half the evening's entertainment ruined!