The Telegraph - handgun law repeal, surprise competition

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AlphaOmegaINF, May 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well this is a surprise, or maybe it is simply that shooters are quite organised.
    Can imagine the editors scratching their collective heads over this one - it is after all a competition!

Go vote.....

Telegraph new law competition: vote now - Telegraph
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

I'm going with banning spitting...
  3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It comes as no surprise, all the other options are utterly bonk, most people couldn't give a **** about gobshites spitting in the street.

The gun issue is something close to a few people's hearts, I bet this poll has been publicised to **** in the shooting press.

I also notice that it's possible to vote more than once if you close the page and reopen it. There are probably a few hundred pissed off ex pistol owners who are wanking themselves into oblivion by voting over and over again.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Isn't spitting in public already illegal?
  5. If it goes ahead, there'll be a lot less spitting in the street 'round these 'ere parts' I can tell you.
  6. Could have worded it better ""After all, why should only criminals be 'allowed' to possess guns and shoot unarmed, defenceless citizens and police officers?" Surely that is what got them banned in the first place.
  7. Certain police officers not doing their jobs and a knee jerk reaction were what got them banned.
    • Like Like x 8
  8. I trust a policeman to spot that!
  9. No option for the repeal of Foxhunting then?
  10. No chance, without that to dangle there will be absolutely nobody prepared to tramp around the place delivering Conservative leaflets come next election.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. No, but if the handgun ban is repealed then maybe shooting at the little buggers from horseback instead would be a good workaround.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. We'll be able to shoot people who spit in the street. A two-fer.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Maybe we could arm the foxes and see how tough said 'hunters' are against something that stands a chance of fighting back.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Never kept hens then?