The Teaching of FGM in schools

Tired_Tech

On ROPS
On ROPs
You could teach the child that, but when mummy and daddy are dragging you off to that nice FMG nutter i’m notsure that the child is going to be able to convince these 3rd world barbarians that what they have planned is such a good idea.
but hopefully they'll tell someone they trust in their return.

it's not ideal but when we start banging up freaks who hack up children's genitalia without their informed consent the message may get out.

but hopefully they'll tell someone they trust in their return.

it's not ideal but when we start banging up freaks who hack up children's genitalia without their informed consent the message may get out.
It is at least a statement of intent that this is unacceptable. The U.K. is not somewhere you can live whilst being sub-Saharan African and certain laws don’t apply, like laws can be bypassed in some countries. You cannot be a U.K. citizen and as a small child have your genitalia cut off because “it’s cultural”.

Robme

LE
Are you tapped?
No, that is honestly the reason why FMG is performed in the in main African Countries. It’s all about the Male being inflamed by the sexuality of the woman, who if left unchecked will only lead to many men being seduced by her ramped sexuality.
Before anybody asked I can’t remember where I heard that, it was a long time ago.

Tired_Tech

On ROPS
On ROPs
No, that is honestly the reason why FMG is performed in the in main African Countries. It’s all about the Male being inflamed by the sexuality of the woman, who if left unchecked will only lead to many men being seduced by her ramped sexuality.
Before anybody asked I can’t remember where I heard that, it was a long time ago.
I was referring to how much it would be covered.

Tired_Tech

On ROPS
On ROPs
I was just raising that issue... My view is that while circumcision is a form of genital mutilation, it pales to near insignificance when compared to eg. clitoradectomy and removal of labia major.
It's still imposed on the child.

hopefully that observation doesn't out me in the ranks of the Labour party.

I was just raising that issue... My view is that while circumcision is a form of genital mutilation, it pales to near insignificance when compared to eg. clitoradectomy and removal of labia major.
Not when it's fatal or otherwise messed up. Otherwise, fairish point.

Robme

LE
I was referring to how much it would be covered.
In legal terms and hopefully moral, I believe that the whole gruesome practice should be uncovered and taught to the appropriate age range. Which in this case is 10-12year olds.
Some might of course suggest that this was far to young to be making this a subject for tender ears. However, and given in these ‘enlightening’ counties/cultures it is normal for these mutilated children to be married off around these ages. And of course as it is something predominantly practiced in Moooooslim countries, the Imams are as ignorant as their flock, and don’t see any problem with the practice of FMG nor marrying children. After all both Mohamed (leader of the Muslim culture, and noted in the Koran and the Hadath ) was shagging his 9 year old cousin as a 4th wife, and although a Hindu, Ghandi was quite keen on sleeping with his child nieces, who equally were of a very young age (Noted in a Book about the man, title was ‘Summer’ something or other.

Last edited:

Robme

LE
Jews included?
Actually, the whole business about male circumcision is currently under some serious debate around the world, with a major conference (in France I think) currently debating the subject. It is after all a cultural practice scrimed up as quite normal behaviour.
My wife’s ex-husband life was saved whilst travelling in Afghanistan many many years ago, when they were stopped by bandits, who made the men drop their pants. Those who weren’t circumscribed were slaughtered those who were, were simply robbed.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I've split this away from 'Teaching LGBT in schools' thread on request as it's not really germane to the discussion.

Carry on.

Also rife in Malaysia and Indonesia, as the map at this link shows:

Prevalence of female genital mutilation by country - Wikipedia

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Actually, the whole business about male circumcision is currently under some serious debate around the world, with a major conference (in France I think) currently debating the subject. It is after all a cultural practice scrimed up as quite normal behaviour.
My wife’s ex-husband life was saved whilst travelling in Afghanistan many many years ago, when they were stopped by bandits, who made the men drop their pants. Those who weren’t circumscribed were slaughtered those who were, were simply robbed.
Yes and no. I was 'done' at six years old. Too tight a foreskin was causing hygiene issues. Salt water baths for a few weeks and a topic of conversation and curiosity at school for a few weeks.

There are medical reasons. Cleanliness is one, and one that is frequently pointed to as having given rise to the cultural reasons - if there's a shortage of water, you might not want to 'waste' any by washing. Getting rid of the foreskin solves a hygiene issues.

Similarly, alcohol: it's not that alcohol is evil, it's that drinking too much of it dehydrates you, and that's not good where there's not a lot of water to be had.

Geography, and deserts, pertain in both cases.

In the case of FGM, it's about denying the woman pleasure - sex being a sin, and all that.

Quite why we are bringing this into schools is beyond me. I can't imagine that many small girls in, say, an infant school in rural Shropshire are at high risk. But then I suppose that only adding it to the curriculum in some of our more 'vibrant' London boroughs would amount to 'discrimination'.

Because obviously the Mother will tell them *exactly* what's going to happen to them, and never, ever just tell them they're going to visit family overseas.

Good grief.
I agree with you and as you say its not going to help little Mboti
But if the subjects broached at school - Maybe Mboti will say something that will save Mbotis younger sister which in itself could be spun as a positive - brave girl came forward etc

They might have something else to whinge about soon

Primary schools in England should start teaching pupils about female genital mutilation when a new curriculum is introduced next year, campaigners say

But then only bigots would have an issue with this being taught in schools, to add to being bigoted about children being taught that different relationships exist
We don't have female genital mutilation in our country, never have done, its not part of our national psyche to deliberately wound our daughters.
I fail to see why our primary school aged kids need teaching about this particular foreign cultural absurdity.

During her midwifery degree my wife did a placement at a anti-natal clinic in London that dealt specifically with women with FGM. They were mostly Somalis, IIRC.

The level of mutilation was shocking depending on how clean, sober or bothered the 'doctor' was who performed it. She said it was also tangible the psychological damage in the women of those it had happened too, but perversely how they were likely to do it to their own kids if they went home, due to cultural pressure.

The issue with any awareness, is that I'm sure that whatever age it was aimed at, the kids would go on 'holiday' before that to avoid the hassle.

Also, what's the idea about teaching all kids. Is their a logic that justifies wasting valuable resources teaching white kids in Surrey?

The Teaching of FGM in schools
Good luck in trying to breakdown centuries worth of cultural brainwashing. Is it also going to be taught in various religious schools ? If not then it a pointless exercise.

Furthermore, the biggest % of FGM takes place abroad and the 1st combat indicator for the child will be the appearance of the village witch doctor. Not much a child can do by that stage.

As someone else stated above.

When they have to seek treatment on return to the UK, start banging the twunts ( parents / guardians ) with a 10 year stretch up their hoop.

It won't take long for the jungle drums to start beating and the message heard.

Latest Threads