• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

The Tale of the Tape Con

T

Tremaine

Guest
#1
Ever got a Sales Call on your mobile or landline from someone offering upgrades, bolt-ons, or new Handset?

Careful what you say, it's probably on tape and you may be deemed to have agreed to a contract or a commitment. then you'll have a problem.

Happened to me, happens to a lot, all the time. Happened to you?
 
#2
If the worst happens and a contract extension/upgrade is arranged without asking, the contract holder should be able to cancel within a pre-defined period of, for example, 14 days. I'm sure there is some form of sales related legal jargon which quotes this, but I can't be arrsed finding it.
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#3
skintboymike said:
I'm sure there is some form of sales related legal jargon which quotes this, but I can't be arrsed finding it.
Distance Selling Regulations.

* you must give consumers clear information including details of the goods or services offered, delivery arrangements and payment, the supplier's details and the consumer's cancellation right before they buy (known as prior information)
* you must also provide this information in writing
* the consumer has a cooling-off period of seven working days.
 
#4
Sell them something back, whatever you do don't let them stick to their script, try long periods of silence and then when they say "hello" come back with "aah there you are, now as I was saying" and keep going. Endless fun.
 
#5
CQMS said:
Sell them something back, whatever you do don't let them stick to their script, try long periods of silence and then when they say "hello" come back with "aah there you are, now as I was saying" and keep going. Endless fun.
I'm expecting a call back tonight from GoCompare.com, I may just try that. :D
 
T

Tremaine

Guest
#6
And then there's the shopping mall "pop up " sales teams with "pop up staff" which is a nice little way of signing up gormless Joes with dodgy contract they don't understand and none of the small print. contract length , startup costs, are mentioned.

"It's all in the terms" you can get them online, or from us, or whatever.

The pop up staff then just, well pop off and leave the company, because they were only "casual staff" anyway.

And the biggest name brands we know , do it all the time.
Nice aren't they
 
#7
Tremaine said:
And then there's the shopping mall "pop up " sales teams with "pop up staff" which is a nice little way of signing up gormless Joes with dodgy contract they don't understand and none of the small print. contract length , startup costs, are mentioned.

"It's all in the terms" you can get them online, or from us, or whatever.

The pop up staff then just, well pop off and leave the company, because they were only "casual staff" anyway.

And the biggest name brands we know , do it all the time.
Nice aren't they
I appreciate your observations somewhat, but this is starting to grate a bit now. Bore off.
 
T

Tremaine

Guest
#8
skintboymike said:
Tremaine said:
And then there's the shopping mall "pop up " sales teams with "pop up staff" which is a nice little way of signing up gormless Joes with dodgy contract they don't understand and none of the small print. contract length , startup costs, are mentioned.

"It's all in the terms" you can get them online, or from us, or whatever.

The pop up staff then just, well pop off and leave the company, because they were only "casual staff" anyway.

And the biggest name brands we know , do it all the time.
Nice aren't they
I appreciate your observations somewhat, but this is starting to grate a bit now. Bore off.
Top Ten Movie Quotes No, 9
You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Well, who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who the f--k do you think you're talkin' to?"
 
T

Tremaine

Guest
#11
Thank you guys, appreciate that. :1:

Might help others. too. Being as we're a nice friendly unit on here and all that ;-)
 
#12
Tremaine. After reading your witty and incisive reply to Skintboymike I conclude that it is time for your medication....or back to the call centre.
 
T

Tremaine

Guest
#13
Sighs, is it ever possible to post without flamers? Read it again!! humour sound familiar does it? It's an Army site which suits me, having done my turn and no less than worthy than you. I just don't choose to pose. Let me put it this way, I don't flame and I don't flake.. so Crack on.
 
#14
Can't believe you were found to be so annoying after just one day of membership. Most people take at least a week or so, and at least double as many posts. ;)
 

Latest Threads

Top