The TA - Military Intelligence

Morning all,

I have my first meeting at the Army careers centre next week to talk about joining the TA. I have had a look at all the Units that are based near enough to me and the one that stands out is Military Intelligence based in Thiepval.

I just wondered if there were any current TA members of MI on here that fancied a chat and more generally what is your guys opinion of them? and if you wouldnt reccomend joining MI who would you reccomend?

thanks

H

A fine lot, you won't regret it. You seem a sensible sort so don't expect a full description of what sort of thing they get up to on this forum, suffice to say if you get through selection and training there are riches to be had.

A fine lot, you won't regret it. You seem a sensible sort so don't expect a full description of what sort of thing they get up to on this forum, suffice to say if you get through selection and training there are riches to be had.

I'm quite happy to discuss what they get up to - hope you like scrabble and sitting in a room full of like minded individuals all reading books....

Join The North Irish Horse (QOY) - Armoured Recce, much more fun.

OP, I can see why you posted this here, but you may get better responses in the TA recruitment forum - or even the INT Corps forum. Just a thought.

On second thoughts, don't post in the INT Corps forum; you'll get raped.

Unfortunately I dont have a language, French at school always got in the way of Rugby practice so I ditched it. But I am MORE tha happy to pick one up, at my own expence.
No need, you can pick one up at taxpayers expense and spend a couple of years polishing it in various forlorn shit-holes.

Evening all.
I start my T.S.C Alpha for the T.A in January, but I'm doing it with my nearest unit which is infantry. At A.D.S.C I was told I'm more of a 'thinker' and should consider/would be better suited, to a corps. I'm a bit torn to be honest as I think I can be of more use to the Intelligence Corps than the infantry but I really do enjoy rolling about in the mud and generally being outside. I studied Philosophy and Theology at uni where I learnt a fair bit of Hebrew, and Philosophy taught me to think logically through complicated issues with attention to detail. So if the corps will have me I'd be pretty pleased, but does anyone know how often an opportunity comes up for a weekend in the field after phase 2? I've heard many times that your time in the Army is what you make of it but I'm a bit apprehensive in case opportunities for some dirt time are a bit slim in the Intelligence Corps.

I did briefly consider posting this in the INT CORPS forum but after reading the above posts I'd rather test the waters here first before jumping in with the big boys.

Evening all.
I start my T.S.C Alpha for the T.A in January, but I'm doing it with my nearest unit which is infantry. At A.D.S.C I was told I'm more of a 'thinker' and should consider/would be better suited, to a corps. I'm a bit torn to be honest as I think I can be of more use to the Intelligence Corps than the infantry but I really do enjoy rolling about in the mud and generally being outside. I studied Philosophy and Theology at uni where I learnt a fair bit of Hebrew, and Philosophy taught me to think logically through complicated issues with attention to detail. So if the corps will have me I'd be pretty pleased, but does anyone know how often an opportunity comes up for a weekend in the field after phase 2? I've heard many times that your time in the Army is what you make of it but I'm a bit apprehensive in case opportunities for some dirt time are a bit slim in the Intelligence Corps.

I did briefly consider posting this in the INT CORPS forum but after reading the above posts I'd rather test the waters here first before jumping in with the big boys.
Epic fail.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)