• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The TA Good News thread!

Right after the last 48 hours of Marvin the paranoid android posts I thought we should have a thread where we only praise the organisation we are in.

Firstly welcome home guys and a job well done.

Link 7th Bn Scots return from Iraq

p.s. I've not become a happy clappy christian, just think the negativity needs balancing - a little

Agreed, welcome home.

Congratulations to 143 brigade for picking up the initiative and organising a Midlands challenge. Its proved very popular oop north and hope it does so round these parts.

It was thanks to the T.A. up in scotland that i was able to rejoin the Royal Signals. I loved every moment that i was in and would whole heartedly reccomend to any young person to consider joining the T.A.

The_Duke

LE
Had a really good field exercise a fortnight ago, and getting ready for camp in the USA with R&R over the July 4th holiday.

Good news!

The_Duke said:
Had a really good field exercise a fortnight ago, and getting ready for camp in the USA with R&R over the July 4th holiday.

Good news!
They've let you guys back after last time? (Soz ..... )

E-Layer said:
"Emotions were running very high today. I shed a few tears when I saw my family waiting for me. I was met by my mum and dad, sister, and two young nieces. The first thing my mum said when she saw me was, 'We're so glad you're here'. That meant so much. Iraq is a dangerous place.

"I've formed lifelong friends and colleagues. We are not soldiers so much as aid workers. We're helping the Iraqi people, who have nothing.

"The TA is about helping, respecting and nurturing people and their way of life, not enforcing one on them.

"If the call came, I would go back to Iraq. I would have no qualms about that. I want to go back."
Well done lads you should be justifiably proud.
EL, where did that quote come from? :?

E-Layer said:
Dont_Fear_The_Reaper said:
E-Layer said:
"Emotions were running very high today. I shed a few tears when I saw my family waiting for me. I was met by my mum and dad, sister, and two young nieces. The first thing my mum said when she saw me was, 'We're so glad you're here'. That meant so much. Iraq is a dangerous place.

"I've formed lifelong friends and colleagues. We are not soldiers so much as aid workers. We're helping the Iraqi people, who have nothing.

"The TA is about helping, respecting and nurturing people and their way of life, not enforcing one on them.

"If the call came, I would go back to Iraq. I would have no qualms about that. I want to go back."
Well done lads you should be justifiably proud.
EL, where did that quote come from? :?
http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=810932007

Follow Polar's link then the link on the post he linked to........

Pte Russell Duffy mate
Cheers EL :wink:

If it's praise we want to explore, I'm sure I can rustle up something.

Joined in September, went on AT skiing in January, had some good well organised training as well as some (still) excellent impromptu lessons, a few socials, met new (pretty sound) people, had an insight into the army, learnt a few skills along the way. Made a few more bob, had an insight into a potentially very rewarding sub-career that can sit along side most civy jobs.

Sure, there's been some date changes for training, camp, courses, medicals etc, but these (for me) have been things to have a moan about for the sake of it, rather than being causes of serious dramas.

So 9 months in, am I glad I turned up to my local TAC (which if it wasn't for ARRSE I wouldn't have known about - the websites and literature were woefuly out of date) ?

Hint: the clue is in the first line! 8)

The good news from the South West is... it's stopped raining! :wink: Oh and the Bde Comd is coming down this weekend, but he won't see me coz I've made sure I'm on the range all weekend - winners!! :D

In addition to passing on my congrats to those already mentioned on this thread, I'd like to say well done and welcome back to the members of W (Westminster Dragoons) Squadron, the Royal Yeomanry, just back from their recent operational tour in Iraq.

We've prayed for you, missed you, welcome you and are proud of you.

Well, if we are doing that sort of thing, then equal plaudits to the composite troop from 151 Regt RLC(V) that have just returned from a stint on HERRICK with the Commando Logistics Regiment, and best of luck to the composite squadron from the regiment due to deploy to HERRICK with 27 Regt RLC later this year.

Dilfor said:
Well, if we are doing that sort of thing, then equal plaudits to the composite troop from 151 Regt RLC(V) that have just returned from a stint on HERRICK with the Commando Logistics Regiment, and best of luck to the composite squadron from the regiment due to deploy to HERRICK with 27 Regt RLC later this year.
I didn't know RLC were doing that, well done to all and the Westminster Dragoons

polar said:
Dilfor said:
I didn't know RLC were doing that, well done to all and the Westminster Dragoons
Yeah - it doesn't really get the publicity of the more fashneyable cap badges, but there is more to the mobilised capability of the TA than Force Protection (important though that is).

The RLC sent two full formed TA regiments on TELIC (165 Port & 168 Pioneer - TELIC 1/2) as well as a composite transport sqn (TELIC 3). In addition to formed units, virtually the entire remaining TA trained strength at driver level (also chefs & others) deployed as IRs on TELIC 1/2 (with snrs & offrs starting to get some representation thereafter, after much wailing & gnashing of teeth). Composite transport troops have deployed on TELIC 4, 5 and beyond.

The Pairing concept (each TA regt provides 1 composite sqn to a paired regular regt) will be likely to continue this process in future HERRICKs - and very good it should be too (if we can live up to it - but it seems to be working reasonably well).

Latest Threads