The Sustainer

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Sangreal, Mar 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. By the look of the latest edition it seems the Corps Rag is being produced on a poor quality colour photocopier.

Best picture is of Parky yawning on parade! (page 37)

If someone out there can shed any light on what the fcuk the two cartoons on page 17 are about I would be much obliged.

2. The one on the right is from the usual numpty nuts cartoonist (R Glas*****n), his sh*te cartoons appeared from nowhere in Sustainer a while back.

The one on the left is from someone at 17 Sport & Past-time..............is it just me or is that writing so small that you cannot read it?

On the subject of the Sustainer, there was this thread below a while back:

Clicky for previous Sustainer thread

We were commenting on how tosh the Sustainer is of late, I think the editorial staff must be secret ARRSErs.

Why do I say this?

In the link above, new ideas for the Sustainer were:

An idea for artistic Corps members to submit cartoons was suggested: (Anything has got to be better than R Glas*****n) In the Feb edition, a cartoon from someone at 17 Sport & Past-time appears. (Pity we cannot read the words, but good effort.)

An idea for crosswords, word-search, sudoku, etc was suggested: In the Feb edition, all of a sudden we’ve got crosswords & other puzzles. Sh*te ones admittedly, but at least they’re trying & possibly listening?

An idea for Trade write-ups was suggested. Christ we’ve got enough: In the Feb edition, a write up on The Photographic Trade (& History of.) appeared.

The first time I picked up a Corps journal to read, for me, was a Waggoner in 1985 (Yes I know I’m a fossil.) I cannot ever remember seeing crosswords, jokes from Corps members. I’m not sure about Corps Trades being a regular entry. If there were any of the latter they weren’t many!

So to summarise, is it a coincidence that the Sustainer has had these, albeit slight alterations. Are you out there now reading this?

Knock once for yes & twice for no.

Good attempt, it looks like you’re trying, however, come April edition can we have the following:

A.) More crosswords, etc, to while away the hours, but keep them to the back.
    B.) More cartoons from Corps members (But readable ones please.)
    C.) More Trade write-ups.
    D.) The return of ‘This is your Unit.’
    E.) The return of the smaller font. (We’re NOT blind.)
    F.) The end of R Glas*****n’s cartoons once & for all. Nobody gets them, with humour like that, he must be a septic.
    G.) Clearer illustrations, not ones that look like they’ve been reproduced by a photocopier. (Like Sangreal pointed out.)
    H.) Topless female Subaltern of the month competition.

I’m sure there are other Corps members out there who have numerous ideas to improve the quality of the Sustainer. Instead of us all just slagging it off, post some ideas here.

You never know, they might read your ideas.

Now I’m off for a pint.

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Good to see you taking an interest in your Corps mag.

However you should be more specific with the following:

You may end up with an LE of indeterminate age (although for some Arrsers that would be a definiate turn on :blowkiss: )

4. excellent idea

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Nice editorial G-B; you don't work for the Scum per chance? :hmm:

Still, diversity rules and if that's what floats your boat..................

6. Ha ha. I always knew that you drunk from both taps Goon......

7. Read a copy a while back that kept using the same photo of Princess Anne over and over.

Still no complaints – gawd bless ya ma’am!