THE SUSTAINER TO BE DISCONTINUED

Discussion in 'RLC' started by PollyOliver, Apr 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :( 2nd PUS and VCDS on Feb 3 signed an order removing the publishing staff and effectively closing down The Sustainer. They say Soldier meets all the Army requirements, and along with Gunner, Craftsman and 84 other publications public money is withdrawn. This means that any future editions are to be funded exclusively from Corps Non-public funds. Difficult choice - communicate or fund adv trg and sport.

Is it important or just one of those Government Savings Measures we should expect?

By the Way, Lord Drayson appears 12 times in his glossy 40 page brochure issued after the Election Notice at the exnse of MOD! Where is the justice? PUS get a grip!

2. Bet the lads in Afghan are gutted.

3. I always thought our Regt subs went to propping it up.
    Hope it is closed down, total waste of money.

4. What am I going to read (and use) in the shitter at work now?

5. It never really gripped me TBH and dragooning individuals to write for it was always a pain. Always seemed to be a bit of a haven for self congratulatory types but maybe I'm just being cynical.

I shan't miss it but where will future Corps historians go in the future?

6. What will the back slapping remfs do for publicity now?

7. Make safe IED's, the sh1t cnuts :x

8. I only ever had a cursory glance through it to see if I knew anyone, followed by a quick gander in the postings section to see who was doing what. Apart from killing the odd ten minutes, it never really did anything for me.

9. :lol: :lol:

10. Hope this means that The Wire's going too.

Far better things for the MOD's budget to be spent on. Get rid of Soldier too while they're at it, it's shite anyway.

11. msr

msr LE

And the rest of the useless publications...

12. Always enjoyed the "Dear Mum and Dad " 49 RP/51 Ord Coy entries in the RAOC Gazette though.

13. But then where will people whinge about medals they aren't entitled to??

14. And where will all the "Military" solicitors advertise?

15. I'll poke my head up and say this is actually quite upsetting.

To lose the Regimental journals is to lose all manner of things, from news from what is happening at the moment, to news from the old boys. Postings and obits.

Sad. It's like a Parish Newsletter, but for a large parish.

The various Corps and Regiments will be poorer for this loss, than some of you let on.