The Sun pays tribute to Holders of The George Cross.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by rmgbem, Jul 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Shouldn't last too long. Give it a week, and 'our boys'll' be in the sh1t again with the Scum.

But fcuking well done to that lad, balls of steel!!

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

To be fair to Newton-Dunn, he appears to have pushed the focus away from squaddie sleaze towards more positive stories in the last 18 months or so. God I can't believe I'm saying something good about the Sun, I'm off to scrub myself down with wire wool and detol.

3. Yes he has. As long as you're not RMP , or Heavy Infantry.

4. The article says that each recipient gets a yearly annuity of £1495 as a token of the Nations eternal gratitude. Is this the same for holders of the VC?

5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Yes it is can the G.C. be forfitted (unlike the VC which can't even if you were to hang for murder)

Back to the Sun
    I can't help feeling on these matters theres always and element of do you know....Do you have any stories about........ when they do these articles

6. While the GC is well deserved, praise for this newton-cnut fecker is not.

He criticises those doing jobs that would make people like him pish his filthy coward-like pants (ever seen the journo set in BAG or KABUL and you'll see what i mean) while drugging themselves stupid, posting stories as if they are anywhere near where things actually happen.

This spunker doesn't even leave london, he and the sun are and always will be anti forces, and plunging blade after blade into tom's just letting off steam.

Do we forget him coming on here boasting that he thinks we are all walts and he thinks its funny fecking up peoples lives?

7. I think the civvies deserve a mention in this luvvy stuff. It has been awarded to train drivers, miners, an attorney, an airline stewardess and even a journalist

8. The George Cross, you sure it isn't the civvie equivalent?

9. The GC is for civvies too. I think it was started in WW2, to reward blitz heros. Hencet he bit about "not in contact".

10. msr

msr LE

Because clearly he does not get any tip offs / photos from anyone serving does he?

msr

11. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

He nicks 50% of it from here, the rest from young lads who haven't quite yet seen the Scum and Neutron-Dunce for what he really is.

A backstabbing cunt.

12. Technically you can forfeit a VC. However, King George V was quoted as saying that he would not expect a VC winner to forfeit his medal even if he was to wear it to the gallows.

13. He and The Scum will have some dirt on someone from the forces soon,

A pat on the back is just a Recce for a knife!!

14. Is that the same The Sun newspaper that published an interview with the widow of Falklands hero Sgt. McKay V.C. back in the early eighties?

I ask this because the interview was later found to be a tissue of lies and they were forced to admit that they'd actually made it all up. I believe somebody called Kelvin McKenzie was editor at the time, and the owner was someone called Rupert Murdoch, who I believe is still the owner to this day.

P'raps with this filthy stain on their record, readers will be able to put the whole thing into a clearer context?

Link to cop-out at the time:

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/written_answers/1983/feb/18/sgt-ian-mckay-newspaper-report

....and full sordid details here (Column 562):

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm198889/cmhansrd/1989-02-03/Debate-2.html