The Sun Newspaper and recent arrests.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tuffy52, Feb 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It would appear that with the latest round of arrests (8 more today) at the Sun Newspaper under Operation Elvden could spell the end of the line for the Sun......

I know they will be cheering to the rafters in Scouseland but what would your feelings be..

2. But then who would report on "our boys" being brave heroes?

I can't see it being the end of the Sun, it sways a lot of public opinion for Rupert.

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

5 from the Scum, one copper, one serving member of the Armed Forces and one MOD employee.

Dear oh dear!!

4. When it does go down can it please take the Scottish Sun with it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I'll believe it when I see it; the Sun has the morals of a hungry cockroach, and is about as difficult to kill off.:roll:

OK, that was unfair on cockroaches...

• Like Like x 2
  6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

At the rate their banging them up there'll be nobody to produce them anyway.

Suprised it took so long since the Sun seem to have been at a lot of high profile raids

When both Harry Redknapp and Pete Townsend when arrested Plod turned up with a couple of Sun reporters in tow.

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

If you have a story about the brave Heroes being ******* please call the Sun with full details on 0845.......

8. Hasn't Murdoch got a yacht he can disappear from?

I know it's not original, but it is effective.

• Like Like x 9
  9. But where will van drivers get their opinions from?

• Like Like x 1
  10. It would make my year if the Scum collapsed. Hopefully ending with **** McKenzie going to jail.

• Like Like x 1
  11. News International employees say it is a witch hunt against the paper and are in fear of it becoming a 'Toxic' newspaper,,and Murdoch will sacrifice it to save the rest of the group,,Martin Brunt 11 o clock today.....

12. I sincerely hope so.:biggrin:

13. I don't think it will make a difference if it looks "toxic" or not.
    Remember all the pretend outrage about the NOTW? Even on ARRSE people were droning on about canceling their sky subscriptions, and a month or so later News Int declared an increase in profits.

I seem to remember (read it in Private eye) that the Sun doesnt make money (neither did the NOTW), but its good for telling people what to think.

14. They'll just have to read the Daily Mail, the poor bastards. Longer words and no 'model' with her tits out on Page 3? The horror!

15. Not the 01 April & Christmas is over 10 months away, please don't build me up to knock me down

THE TRUTH the sun = scum