The Sun advert for H4H

You Tube

Just incase you hadnt seen it.
Comments? Ive not made my mind up if its a very great gesture, or if its just a shameless plug for the Scum.
No doubt the paper in question has done a fair amount for the charity, but i know that the paper in question brings a certain amount of flak from saying its the 'Forces paper', especially after some of the things its prints.
I dont know...cant decide.

Saw it for the first time last night.Despite being an ad for The Scum if it highlights the injured boys and girls that must be good,right? Also noticed a large banner in our local Sainsbury's promoting H4H.

I think its a great advert, I know the scum have produced it but after watching it I felt it was far more about H4H than the Scum

B

Bottleosmoke

one_pip_wonder said:
I think its a great advert, I know the scum have produced it but after watching it I felt it was far more about H4H than the Scum
I agree. A good advert.

The Scum aren't stupid, they can see the rise in public support and affection for the Boys & Girls. Their view is 'If it sells papers . . ' then why not.

Sometimes you have to get into bed with the devil for things to happen. I suspect that the Parry's consulted several people, organisations and possibly the MOD before getting into The Scum bed.

Would anyone feel so bad if it was another shitty red top??

Good drill's, I say, as long as people are aware The Scum will drop H4H like a hot stone if another cause becomes more news worthy.

Jade goody for instance ?

Saw it last night,
Wasn't until the back end of the advert i realised the Scum were even involved (in the ad)

Good use of their(The Scum) cash to get air time for the Charity.

Right, Tin hat on...Check
CBA....Check
Abuse deflector...Check

If everyone is kind of happy with the advert and intentions why is everybody still calling the Sun the Scum

Duck.....Check

hairyhandbag said:
CBA....Check
Abuse deflector...Check

If everyone is kind of happy with the advert and intentions why is everybody still calling the Sun the Scum

Duck.....Check
Yes, you should be bloody ducking.

Leopard and Spots . . . .?

I'd let Hitler make an add If it helped one ex serviceman

hairyhandbag said:
CBA....Check
Abuse deflector...Check

Duck.....Check
Hairy,It is a very well known fact that the people who read that rag are all chav scum,ergo The Scum.Simples!

vvaannmmaann said:
hairyhandbag said:
CBA....Check
Abuse deflector...Check

Duck.....Check
Hairy,It is a very well known fact that the people who read that rag are all chav scum,ergo The Scum.Simples!
It seems to sell well in the NAAFI and if you look in the officers mess the 10 copies of the Times and Telegraph remain untouched while everyone fights over the one copy of the scum.

Right on Stacker - anyone who has actuallly served in the Army, unlike wannabees and Mirror Journos, will know that The Sun has always been supportive. From Belfast to Bosnia, Iraq to Stan, the Sun has always sent support - even Sam Fox in her day was sent out to entertain the troops on Ops. More recently we have had Mel and Kim.

Thanks Tom Newton Dunn and team.

nark said:
Right on Stacker - anyone who has actuallly served in the Army, unlike wannabees and Mirror Journos, will know that The Sun has always been supportive. From Belfast to Bosnia, Iraq to Stan, the Sun has always sent support - even Sam Fox in her day was sent out to entertain the troops on Ops. More recently we have had Mel and Kim.

Thanks Tom Newton Dunn and team.
Although I don't read it myself, I've always thought of the Sun as a Pro-Armed Forces paper, going back as far as my memory serves which is the Falklands War.

Still hate it though, but for other reasons.

I Don't like/read the Sun paper myself but lets face it ,the sun has been backing the armed forces for years and is possibly the most pro armed forces paper around,don't know what it's intentions are but if it's campaign helps the Girls and Guys that need it then fair play to them.

ringdoby said:
It's the fickleness of media support that winds me up - the way they polarise their opinions to suit.

They can't give unbiased views or support, it is always slanted by the chance to sell more papers, and the truth being a concept, not an absolute.
Isn't that the general opinion too? The public do realise what sells papers and how changeable the Press can be, especially when it comes to the Forces.

Personally I don't waste my money on any of them, they can be all read on line anyway.

But, have to say it, well done The Sun for keeping H4H in the public eye.