The stuff of nightmares

Yeah, spiders, snakes and sharks, but this is a whole new level of night horrors.

'The giant golden-crowned flying fox was photographed in the Philippines and has since gone viral across social media. The large fruit-eating bat is native to the Asian archipelago and can have a wingspan up to 1.7m.'

I see what you did there.

The bat boxes I have mounted on the outbuildings are on the small side, but do the trick. I can’t see these ones squeezing in the slits though, but if they hoover up bitey insects like the normal variety l wouldn’t mind having a few.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Yeah, spiders, snakes and sharks, but this is a whole new level of night horrors.

View attachment 487799

'The giant golden-crowned flying fox was photographed in the Philippines and has since gone viral across social media. The large fruit-eating bat is native to the Asian archipelago and can have a wingspan up to 1.7m.'

My first thoughts were : Badger Heed's put on a bit of weight ...

I dunno, looking at one with a sense of scale they don't look that bad:

I'd still shit myself if it flew into me in the dark but it's nowhere near as bad as the other picture made it look. The picture in the first post is a good example of "this is big, this is close up" in true Father Ted style.

I dunno, looking at one with a sense of scale they don't look that bad:

I'd still shit myself if it flew into me in the dark but it's nowhere near as bad as the other picture made it look. The picture in the first post is a good example of "this is big, this is close up" in true Father Ted style.

I'm not so sure

article-0-2006B41200000578-884_306x423.jpg

View attachment 487799

1594139868494.png
The stuff of nightmares. A family of these bad boys coming out of Your drains...:oops:

Something looks distinctly photoshopped about that!
No. He’s just a small man stood further away from the camera :)

Rat-on-a-stick is on my bucket list when I next go back to Cambodia. I was going to truly it on my last job out there but we had to evacuate with the COVID scare. I’m reliably informed though that you need to eat it in a village to be sure you’re getting a field rat and not one from the city sewers...

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
No. He’s just a small man stood further away from the camera :)

Rat-on-a-stick is on my bucket list when I next go back to Cambodia. I was going to truly it on my last job out there but we had to evacuate with the COVID scare. I’m reliably informed though that you need to eat it in a village to be sure you’re getting a field rat and not one from the city sewers...
A great delicacy in all Dwarf emporiums ... ;-)

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I do admit the tongs look a bit on the big side..;) I've seen some rats in Asia that looked like small kangaroos.
Yep there are other species of rat, most of them quite harmless and cute, but the one in the pic just looks like a bog standard rat, looking fairly alive and superimposed on the background.

Fruit bats. They used to roost in the trees near the Bujumbura Zoo and Cercle Nautique.

When visiting a mate just outside town we'd sit in the garden drinking beer in the evening and see thousands outbound for the night as the sun went down. Some days the fly past took 20 minutes. Apparently drove local banana farmers crazy with the damage they did.

Latest Threads