The stuff of nightmares

Yeah, spiders, snakes and sharks, but this is a whole new level of night horrors.

bat.png

'The giant golden-crowned flying fox was photographed in the Philippines and has since gone viral across social media. The large fruit-eating bat is native to the Asian archipelago and can have a wingspan up to 1.7m.'

Yeah, spiders, snakes and sharks, but this is a whole new level of night horrors.

View attachment 487799

'The giant golden-crowned flying fox was photographed in the Philippines and has since gone viral across social media. The large fruit-eating bat is native to the Asian archipelago and can have a wingspan up to 1.7m.'

Had Just Eat recently delivered it?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I think it's a great pic. Want one as a pet.

Dr Death

War Hero
Surprised its not gone in the cooking pot yet?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Used to see them in Nepal, about the size of rugby balls hanging from trees in their hundreds.

I remember taking the mushlings to Chester zoo when they were young. We visited the bat house, a warehouse sized shed and inside was a warm environment with sub tropical trees and plants with in very subdued light. After about 5 minutes when your eyes became accustomed to the gloom you started noticing the bats. Not just the ones hanging from the perches, but the ones that would fly silently over you from behind just skimming your head. Then you realised that they were the size of an average cat. That was spooky

Yokel

LE
I think it's a great pic. Want one as a pet.
On YouTube I have seen a video of an injured bat being looked after and fed a banana. It had a face that looked a bit like a cat. I am not sure if it was the same one, but in another video a bat was sleeping in a cardboard box and woke up when the people returned and moved towards them as if hoping for fuss.

Years and years ago, a bat came into the house. My brother got up in nothing biy his boxers, but he did put a hat on...... Did he think it would land on his head or something?

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Few years ago, I was leaving the site for home. A young crow was in the road. I expected it to fly off (I wasn't driving fast, still on site). Didn't. I got and killed it. For several days it lay, dead, in the gutter. Looking into its dead eyes and face, I saw a remarkable resemblance to my beautiful black cat. It hurt, hard.

Since then, I have more time for crows and other animals that have a beauty in their own way.

I've stopped having cats. Hurts too much when they die.

View attachment 487799

Morning @SkippedOnce,
It might be big but no match for electricity:).
Screenshot_20200403-175156_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200403-175211_Gallery.jpg

O Zangado

War Hero

View attachment 487799

The general name for those throughout Melanesia is blakbokis, literally (and obviously) a black box and a flaengfokis (work it out) is some of the remoter islands of Vanuatu. I must admit to having eaten a slightly smaller one many years ago at a ceremony in a village in WNB Province, Papua New Guinea. Very tasty it was too with a side of roast breadfruit and a bowl of tapioca.

OZ

On YouTube I have seen a video of an injured bat being looked after and fed a banana. I had a face that looked a bit like a cat. I am not sure if it was the same one, but in another video a bat was sleeping in a cardboard box and woke up when the people returned and moved towards them as if hoping for fuss.

Years and years ago, a bat came into the house. My brother got up in nothing biy his boxers, but he did put a hat on...... Did he think it would land on his head or something?
Hi probably thought it'd get caught in his hair. Old wives' tale.

Latest Threads