The stripped down, no apps mobile?

Oh God, I am too old for modern technology. Book me into Dignitas

• Total voters

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Heyup.

I need to upgrade my Samsung android Planet Janet G something.

Recently it has started to make bongo drum sounds for 15 mins twice a day. This is down to some bundled app that I did not activate, do not need and if I find it, it is going in the canal wrapped in chicken wire and breeze blocks.

My question to people who know more about mobbies than me, is...

Is there and android out there which allows phone calls, emails, a couple of apps I need for work (which I can download), internet access, text and that's it.

Something without CandyKrush and the sort of bollocks that appeals to the 13 year olds I regularly clip round the ears for dropping their crisp packets on the street?

Advice welcome. Just an android mobbie that does the basics?

(PS: Anyone posting a pic of a pensioners phone with BIG NUMERALS should phone their nearest and tell them to expect a life changing event next time they walk the dog)

Motorola G4 - order one from their own website and you can do a bit of customising too, some of which is free (case colour etc.). You also get the dual sim version if you order direct.

Around £170. Order it from their website and it will be built and shipped direct from China. Takes 3-4 days. I've got one and it's the biz.

Moto G Family

'Multiple Votes Are Allowed' my arse.

I voted for both and now I can't vote any more. It's plain fucking wrong. Obviously trying to influence the Outcome, you fat Geordie cunt.

Civil Partnership's the best you're up to (with a pre-Nup).

̶M̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶o̶l̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶A̶r̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶m̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶.̶

I have a Windows phone.

Get a Nokia 3210 off eBay for 20 quid, put a new battery in it and you're golden.

Anything else will be app-central.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
'Multiple Votes Are Allowed' my arse.

I voted for both and now I can't vote any more. It's plain fucking wrong. Obviously trying to influence the Outcome, you fat Geordie cunt.

Civil Partnership's the best you're up to (with a pre-Nup).
I lied. And I am keeping the ring. Two choices. 1) Slide off quietly. 2) The cess pit under the garage.

If the latter, I will ensure you are suffocated before I tip you in. Because I once loved you.

Moving on.... Jesus.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Yeah. Multi media function tends to imply a bunch of apps that come with the device. What I am after is a device that comes with the basics. Phone. Text. Email and thats about it.

So all that you said at that Northern Soul do was just charm then?

And that bit about the Jet-Ski was, presumably, similarly fabricated?

I want my knickers back.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
̶M̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶o̶l̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶A̶r̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶m̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶.̶
Nah. I need a phone to make phone calls. I never insult people because I am polite. My life revolves around my family. Did you miss out on cuddles when you were ikkle? A chum of mine runs a support website. PM me for details, yah?

Jesus, you ask an honest question and what happens?

If you're going to buy an Android it's going to have apps on it. I recommended a Moto because it has a plain Android without all the bollocks that other makers pile on.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Is there and android out there which allows phone calls, emails, a couple of apps I need for work (which I can download), internet access, text and that's it.
I'm not sure you need an app as such; those Lidl leaflets that come through the door will pinpoint the location of cheap cider admirably without recourse to technology.
Advice welcome. Just an android mobbie that does the basics?
WileyFox Swift.

£160 fine Scottish pounds.

Wileyfox - What If?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
iPhone. I think it's a 5. It does phone calls texts and plays music through headphones and Bluetooth to the car sound system. Battery life is good because everything else is switched off and I don't use the apps.

I am inhaling them as we speak. I am at a loose end for the rest of the evening. You have my number and I am 'dressed', you know?
Fair Do's. But that Pease Pudding splattered all over your Family Jewels is not a good look. Give it a rest, eh, Bonny Lad? I'm not Scum, y'know . . .