The Stigg

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Smiler_1985, Jun 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, having watched topgear tonight, apparently its Schumacher. Personally I thought it was mike Golden or possibly Jimbo Shortt

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

There really are some gullible people out there :twisted:

3. the star in the reasonable priced car lap was brilliant! Would make sense as Ben Collins could do the rally style cars but driving a super F1 style car would be the domain of someone like Schumacher..........or have I just put WAY to much thought into this!!

4. Way way too much thought into it my dear, step away from the TV for your own good :)

5. He drives for Ferrari, so perhaps they only agreed to loan the car if he did the lap??

6. too many really. It was another stunt by the top gear team. I just thought it rather amusing really

7. I have to admit to having an informal bet on the helmet coming off and it being Jimmy Krankie or Michael Gamborn

8. Gambon would have been a classic. Or Maureen from The Driving School

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

When does he get the BJ then? :p

10. I always thought The Stig was Ben Edwards :(

11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Ben Collins That who you mean?

Apperently it's quite routine for Ferrari and other top manufacturers to send their own man along for the fast lap
    Ben Collins does most of the training and other laps like chasing Clarkson etc
    However one of the reasons you never see the fast lap Stigs out side the cars is so you can't judge their height against the car and therefore see they are different

You'll be telling me next it's all off the cuff banter and they just do everything by the seat off their pants and hope nothing goes wrong

Smoke and Mirrors that's all it is albeit very well done

Intergeri I think that is the first time I've ever read one of your post's that isn't a demotavational poster
    Nice one :D

12. There are a few 'Stigs', depending on who is available. Two regular ones have been 'let go' after they outed themselves. The latest, Ben Collins, never spoke because he had a strong West Country accent.

The name Stig comes from Clarkson's schooldays: it was the name for new boys at Repton.

13. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Although Collins is reported to have "outed" himself a few months ago

14. and what be wrong with a strong west country accent young un

15. Nope i definately mean Ben Edwards currently doing the commentating on the BTCC on ITV but thanks anyway :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Edwards