The STIG is named

Not sure if this has been done yet.

BBC Top Gear's American arm accidently listed 'The Stigs' real name on the credits for a programme.

For years the driver has remained a Top Gear Trade Secret. Apparently his employment contract has a clause that says that if his name becomes public knowledge, his contract will be terminated.....

Meet - The Stig

Various other reports about his face being recognised in a photo.
Nothing on the programs web site to confirm this security breech, yet...!

That's a shame - the Stig should never have been known. Useless septics - if the source of the leak is confirmed.

And now you've just told everyone, nice one. D*ck.

Is it really him though? I heard he was an ex Salvation Army Response driver.

My source was a simple national radio station. but like i said, can't find any confirmation on the Top Gear web site. Could be a smoke screen, or it could just be all a load of bollox to drum up he ratings..

Will probably have to wait till next sundays episode for more int...

Its not really been a massive secret to be honest. Unofficially, its been known that Ben Collins has been The Stig for the past few series.

I was The Stig for the first couple though but keep that under your hat. :wink:

Boney2728 said:
That is certainly NOT him, I know.........
Thanks for keeping my PERSEC mate - Its appreciated!

OOOOH if it is true think of clarksons scorne for the yanks. The nasty things he will say is going to be great to watch!!

heard_it_all_before said:
Dr_Chris said:
And now you've just told everyone, nice one. D*ck.
If you're talking about me, like is said, it was on a National Radio Station on Sunday morning. So maybe you were just the last to hear it....
No, I was just hungover on Sunday morning.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Its not really been a massive secret to be honest. Unofficially, its been known that Ben Collins has been The Stig for the past few series.

I was The Stig for the first couple though but keep that under your hat. :wink:
"First on the Balcony as well" You're the man.....

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The info was available on the interweb - all you had to do is Google 'Stigs real name'. Mind you I'd never heard of Tom Collins anyway so I was none the wiser after I looked it up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IndianaDel Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 13
msr The Intelligence Cell 14
PartTimePongo Aviation 9