The State of Higher Education

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Rocketeer, Aug 25, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well.. now I'm torn..if the future leaders of the Free World studying in universities today are the best we can hope for.. no wonder we're in such trouble.. guess this explains Tony Blair and George Bush..

British University Students spend three times more money on drink than they do on books according to a Royal Bank of Scotland survey...

and in the US...The American College Health Association finds that one in ten US collegians is diagnosed with a mental illness.. 38% of college students suffer from some form of recognized mental incapacity far higher than the 10% average for the general population...

Gawd help us all...

2. Wish i had gone to University :(

3. I did, :D :D

I think standards are slipping if they are only spending 3 times as much these days. I have an enduring memory of a friend selling his books towards the end of the second term so he could afford to come out to a party. :D

4. It's never too late :wink:

Just dont gont to the States and become a psychohosebeast like the rest of hte yank student females I met during my year off.......... 8O

Getting mangoed daily never did me any harm during my studies................cant do it now though :oops:

5. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Do you reckon BB is a US College student with an exceptional working knowledge of the british army, and SF in particular then? :lol:

6. and in the US...The American College Health Association finds that one in ten US collegians is diagnosed with a mental illness.. 38% of college students suffer from some form of recognized mental incapacity far higher than the 10% average for the general population...

Gawd help us all...[/quote]

That explains a lot of the yank problems with their armed forces 8O 8O 8O

7. Meaow.............Saucer of milk for one please :lol: :lol: Have to agree with you though

8. Yep - I was "up" at Bristol and regularly bagged books from the library and flogged 'em to a well-known biblionaut in toon. Made hundreds! Dreadful behaviour, of course.

TW

9. stealing books eh.

I joined the army first then went to uni after training, on full pay, I just stole from the taxpayer :p

God it was fun!

10. Can't bloody afford it now! Bugger! :(