The start of an airgun ban?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Mar 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The start of the slippery slope to banning airguns or just a publicity stunt to appease the anti-airgun lobby?

Justice minister asks airgun owners to hand them over
  2. Yeh right.

I owned TAC weapons-1 rifle and 2 revolvers and found out quite by accident they were to become illegal.
    I didn't even know how to convert them to fire "live" rounds and owned the rifle as a investment
    Even Kent police had little info and they had to enforce the ban.
    The hoops they wanted me to leap through to keep them were incredible, now I shoot a spring air rifle and if HMG want it they won't get my vote later this year.

Get the illegal drivers/cars off the road first I say!
  3. It's this sort of thing that makes me sympathise with the rednecks in the US who aren't happy unless they are fondling an M1 while watching Band of Brothers and seem to think that school massacres are just part of God's plan.

4. thankfully when the new legislation on self-popelled ammunition firing guns came in, i had a helpful local armed response police officer who helped me understand if the law applied to my weapon. Thankfully it didnt, but the govts info campaign was completely inadequate!
  5. So under Labour only the armed forces, police and...........criminals can have any sort of gun thingy......w*nkers