Builds the Star Wars Millenium Falcon, as you have never seen it.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Even better, one of those confirmed kill badges from WII aircraft in the shape of the Enterprise.
And the Liberator?

Or let's go all out and go for HMS Invincible. After all, the Argies reportedly sank her in 1982
Invincible.JPG

So that's the model itself done. Time to sort a wood base for it, a tongue and groove floor board, cut to size, the groove filled and a coat of primer. It'll be matt black, like space.
base board in grey primer.jpg

Looking for Greeblies for this build in my burgeoning spares mess, made me realize that time spent organizing it would be well spent, so took a page out of BB's spares storage method and two hours later.....
the spares box sorting.jpg

look at this, I can lay my hand on exactly the right part, in... a little while.
The spares box sorted.jpg

care of several takeaway lidded tubs.
such titles as, wheels 1, wheels 2, Rockets and pods, Tank and AFV , Aircraft Undercarriage. But most of all, tiny Greeblies A and B.
parts in takeaway boxs a.jpg

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Please put an "NCC-1701" decal on it, as the wuss-off between Trekkies and Star Wars fans would be epic to witness.

you want to upset nerds?

1630438907829.png

job done

That's it then, just the glass case to cover it and it's done. I'm both surprised and pleased that I managed to actually make this, never done anything like it before, scratch building is new to me. Cost me next to nothing to make, and It's probably worth something to a star wars fan out there. Here's a comparison shot of it with the original drawing.
concept art for Millenium Falcon c.jpg

on it's base b.jpg

That's it then, just the glass case to cover it and it's done. I'm both surprised and pleased that I managed to actually make this, never done anything like it before, scratch building is new to me. Cost me next to nothing to make, and It's probably worth something to a star wars fan out there. Here's a comparison shot of it with the original drawing.
View attachment 600970
View attachment 600971
Fantastic. Really well done. You don't have to but I wondered if you had considered contacting Colin and showing him your realisation of his sketch?

Fantastic. Really well done. You don't have to but I wondered if you had considered contacting Colin and showing him your realisation of his sketch?
no fear, he might charge me Royalties. Mind you, it would be good to type the description in tiny letter font at the top of the base, getting gradually bigger and bigger toward the bottom. Starting with a long time ago, In a Galaxy far away....

Last edited: