The Standards Of Royal Signals Officers

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by 570mils, Sep 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On Sat 29 Sep 07 the TA Commisioning Course finished and had their final Parade.

Now I know that the Army has much better things to spend it's money on the and Officers sartorial elegance but FFS whatever happened to standards.

Your own hush puppies(?) with a hole in.

And the lovely blue socks just set the whole ensemble off.

Surely it would have been better to hide at the back rather than sit right in front of the two most cynical ex reg officers there that day.

I think he was TA but 'One Army' and all that - you never know.

2. Bloody hell.

3. Ah - the Royal Signals, the Primark Corps - cheap shoes with holes at a commissioning parade.

Adjt: "Mr New Boy ..... may I introduce you to the CO of 1,001 Sig Regt"

New Officer: "But Adjt, he's wearing the same shoes as my Grandfather in the nursing home, how can I have any respect for him?"

Adjt: " Go easy on your Grandfather Mr New Boy, the state pension doesn't stretch very far these days"

What a disgrace - any shots of the whole uniform?
  4. It looks like he has had a poo as well.

Seriously, this is about par for a TA R Signals Officer. I am just surprised that the socks matched...
  5. But his mum dresses him normally and she wasnt there that weekend
  6. :lol: :lol: :p
  7. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

That is genuinely quite shocking. Don't these people have ANY sense of pride? FFS! :x
  8. Have had to suffer these fools for a number of years now. Their attitude also matches their rather unseemly sartorial standards - very poor.

I have oft wondered why R Sigs do not have Regimental stables though I have come to realise that it may be due to their civilian attire scaring the horses!

When the Gentlemen of the Corps of Royal Engineers spawned the R Sigs, I think there must have been a degree of genetic mutilation involved. What a bunch of shoddy, arrogant tosspots.
  9. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

Harsh! They're ok when you need the phones to work, want to goof on the t'internet or use a command system! And, occassionaly use a radio!
  10. What the fcuk has any of that got to do with a TA R Signals Officer?

Speaking as a former member of the Corps, I struggled to recall a half competant TA Officer.....

If you want tinternet, the LAST person you should approach is a Stab Scaley Officer :roll:
  11. They'll certainly let you know that they've done you a favour!
  12. times is hard in the Corps!
  13. And what's more, I can't believe that someone has put the word "standards" and "R Sigs Offr" in the same sentence!!!!!
  14. Your wish Is my Command

15. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

What's going on with that collar? And his epaulette(s) isn't tucked under. Grrr! :x