The sportsmans treble, is it a myth or a possible reality?

Endoscope

War Hero
It's sad watching spontaneous combustion or self emulation (I get those two confused) Rob, get some help old son, you're ill.

I have nothing to add on the sportsmans treble as I'm a gentleman....

BopBopBop

War Hero
So bright one, how did you manage to put in my service number? When any Persec has been redacted. Thus yet another dribbling fool masquerading as a moderator? Set any more self-inflicted bear traps of late. So I supply the evidence to prove I served and with distinction and you have a melt down? You do know how Walts Work, don’t you? They have recall about everything military instead of the area they actually know about. You have just proved your a LMFing Walt.
Not as redacted as you thought.
Screenshot_20200702-094215~3.png

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
That number (can't even say its his) is going to be put through a few databases today.
It would be amusing to see his genuine service record

Not as redacted as you thought.
View attachment 486514
It used to be the case that Omani medals were worn by Loan Service personnel and not those posted to British units in Oman as formed units (eg. RE, SAS etc). This particularly applied to the Dhofar clasp to the GSM vice the Oman General Service Medal. But I guess that once one is out one can wear what one likes.

E2A: later today, if I can summon the enthusiasm, I'll have a look at the qualifying dates for those two Omani medals. Something smells like Baldrick's apple crumble.

Last edited:
He gets 10/10 for effort and entertainment
That number (can't even say its his) is going to be put through a few databases today.
If you have time and patience, the Gazette throws up 1876 results for the search terms Military Medal Robert John

Slim down the bracket to 1973-2000 (gazetting some of the Granby awards took over 5 years), and its only 271

That's time for 2 cups of tea and a packet of hobnobs (1.5 packets if chocolate)

By the looks of it, a search on Paradata and SAMA should turn up something, though interesting the nice chap writing his letter forgot to list his SAM - he should complain.....

Walts are lazy/stupid, so normally sh1t at maths, estimating numbers, details and dates.

Years ago, I heard of someone claiming national service in South Africa as a paratrooper and action in Namibia.
Due to some bizarre behaviour that might have been PTSD related, a friend of his family got in contact with SADF veterans group looking for help.
Since these sorts of groups are fairly hot on that sort of thing, they had lined up a UK based padre before they did a check of which intake he could have been in and discovering he had been telling his family porkies to excuse his general cnuttery.

Ha ha ha - possibly the worst forgery of a service record I’ve seen. I particularly like the reference to the Silver Jubilee Medal. How many was it now, 2 per major unit?
And the ACSM which was introduced 4 years after his supposed discharge!

He really is fucking priceless!

BopBopBop

War Hero
Ha ha ha - possibly the worst forgery of a service record I’ve seen. I particularly like the reference to the Silver Jubilee Medal. How many was it now, 2 per major unit?
My service record shows all my tours in Ireland
If you have time and patience, the Gazette throws up 1876 results for the search terms Military Medal Robert John

Slim down the bracket to 1973-2000 (gazetting some of the Granby awards took over 5 years), and its only 271

That's time for 2 cups of tea and a packet of hobnobs (1.5 packets if chocolate)

By the looks of it, a search on Paradata and SAMA should turn up something, though interesting the nice chap writing his letter forgot to list his SAM - he should complain.....

Walts are lazy/stupid, so normally sh1t at maths, estimating numbers, details and dates.

Years ago, I heard of someone claiming national service in South Africa as a paratrooper and action in Namibia.
Due to some bizarre behaviour that might have been PTSD related, a friend of his family got in contact with SADF veterans group looking for help.
Since these sorts of groups are fairly hot on that sort of thing, they had lined up a UK based padre before they did a check of which intake he could have been in and discovering he had been telling his family porkies to excuse his general cnuttery.
MM was discontinued 1993?
That should narrow it down a bit.
Robert John R.

Last edited:

All those exotic gongs and no humble OP BANNER tours.

Well I for one think he’s gen. Hat doffed.

My service record shows all my tours in Ireland

MM was discontinued 1993?
That should narrow it down a bit.
Robert John R.
Some MM awards from Granby were gazetted long after that.
Besides, if you don't cut corners and leave a good margin either side, then you end up doing the hard work that tends to put off the billy bullsh1tters off their research.