The spirit of Getting Into A Bit Of A Muddle when on run-ashore . . .

. . . is alive and well in the 21st Century Royal Navy:

"Royal Navy sailors from the UK's £3.1bn flagship aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth have been arrested in Florida, a Navy spokesman has said.
The sailors, on shore leave, began fighting and urinating in public, according to local newspaper reports.
Six crew members were arrested on drunk and disorderly charges on Wednesday, Sgt Larry Smith of Jacksonville Beach police department is quoted as saying. . ."

I particularly like this bit:

"At least one sailor was tasered after resisting arrest, the reports add. . . ."

It was probably the most active the lad had been all draft.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Good to see the Andrew maintaining standards. 6x one way tickets back to UK on the way?

Lets be honest gettting Tazered by an American copper isn't a badge of disgrace.
You get glocked for much less, other skin colours are available
Call it a bullet dodged (Literally) Jack must have been the fleet Albino, wearing his No. 1 dress (1B)

Good to see the Andrew maintaining standards. 6x one way tickets back to UK on the way?
Only if the RN can dig-out six others to replace them, I fear.

ETA - From "next door" it’s the stokers that have been playing up
So six spare engineers? NFC!!

Last edited:
Lets be honest gettting Tazered by an American copper isn't a badge of disgrace.
You get glocked for much less, other skin colours are available
Call it a bullet dodged (Literally) Jack must have been the fleet Albino, wearing his No. 1 dress (1B)
Blacks get shot, whites get tasered.

I have been to Jacksonville a mate of mine lives there. Yeah they have some goings on and things in the city centre area, but generally it is a very quiet, conservative place full of respectable white folks.

They deserve getting RTU'D, for breaking the 1st rule - do whatever you want just don't get caught !!

I would say they need more work on their E and E planning and execution.
Can't all rely on the Russians to help us out ;)

Getting nicked on a run ashore on deployment is by no means something that will get you sent home. On Illustrious in ‘98 while heading to the Arabian Gulf, we were told before arriving in Gibraltar that it would be our last visit until we’d arrived in the Gulf and patrolled. So many of our ships company got arrested we had most of our Sea Kings shuttling divisional officers and accused back to the ship after being in court on the day we sailed. They all just went up in front of the skipper and got a fine or rops effectively. I guess these 6 will probably not be seeing much of Norfolk or New York as the trip progresses.

Septics should be grateful. Not only is the economy boosted by the visit, the genepool has likely been deepened and we managed to squeeze a training exercise in with local PD :p

Amateurs. Im still barred from the Isle of Bute. Removing all those pub doors and taking them back to the ship as souvenirs was worth it though.

On reflection, lifting the five-bar gate from the car-park of the Poplar Farm Inn and taking it back to camp hardly compares. At least the trainee BAT on the barrier at Wallop had nothing sharper than shiney Lance Jack stripes.

If they were urinating while fighting I'm guessing they just pissed themselves. Or maybe there is a tactical advantage to whipping it out and letting go while running into the fight. Demoralise the enemy sorta thing.

So half a dozen lads got a bit squiffy out of a crew of, what, 500, including all the extra hanger-oners folk onboard.

Has nobody ever seen a drunk Yank in Gosport, Guzz or Pompey? Or even Fasrain.

Sadly, it makes a headline to sell papers.

Those involved will be invited to a stand up meeting, negative head-gear, with the XO (unit 2 i/c to you brown types) who has the power to punish, but as this is now high profile, he may push it up to the skipper. Money and wasted hours doing nugatory tasks will be involved for the naughty ones. Some may not get to step ashore in any other US ports for a while.