The Spinning Beach Ball of Death...

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by t309, Jul 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My MacBook has decided that's the way to go. I have checked all the plug in's which are fine and dandy, anyone experienced and dealt with this?

2. More info needed. Does the problem occur when you switch off and start again ? Do you get past the apple logo. What machine/OS version. Try booting into safe mode and fsck (apple S on boot up bongs, wait until terminal mode comes up, fsck -fy (return) and see if it reports disk problems.

3. davidflies

davidflies War Hero Book Reviewer

If you have it use DiskWarrior to check disk formatting - if not PM me and I'll send you a copy. You may need to back data up (onto an external hard drive) and reinstall the system from the Install disk issued with the machine. PM me if you need help - we've got six Macs and a lot of diagnostic progs - if PM not working here yet post your telno and I'll get to you.

4. It's a MacBook Pro, It's only happening when I use safari, no other program is effected by it. Starts and closes down fine when not using safari. Mac OS X Version 10.6.4

5. Repair disk permissions via disk utility (in case any safai things are borked).

delete web history (in safari)

delete web cache (in safari)

Confirm other browsers or net works ok to rule out say a DNS issue creating major time out (in case you are not posting to Arrse on a different machine).

Is this safari 4 ?

6. What??? AN apple that does not "just work" oh my......

7. That would appear to have sorted it, will watch and see, thank you all.

8. Glad it (apparently) helps.