The Spatula challenge (Hols4heroes)

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Jun 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Pretty awesome feat for a 14 year old lad.

I've had the priveledge of being in comms with this truly decent young man, he is cycling from Ben Nevis, to Scafel and onto Snowdon. Tabbing up each of them en route.

Because he wants to do his bit for charity and to make a difference to the recipients of what Holidays4heroes does.

Please read the site and chuck him a couple of quid.

I'm pretty sure more wil be posted nearer to the start date, one of the Slingsby bears will be accompanying him and it would be nice, for anyone on the path of the route to give him some morale support as he passes.

His two chosen recipients should be the lucky recievers of the split £10,000 target he has set himself.

The young lad is a site members son, therefore one of our own, lets give him some support and get behind him.
  2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Bloody fantastic ... 8)
  3. blue-sophist

4. I'll keep me eye on the route and meet up with them either at Scafell or Snowdon and give them some encouragement and a few pennies. I'll probably do Snowdon so I can take the wife and Kiddie on the railway because there's no way I'm walking up that just now.
  5. blue-sophist

For the sad scrotes like me who live on Facebook, this cause is now launched to Sgt Slingsby's 450 friends.

Well, you have to, don't you!! :lol:
  6. blue-sophist

So far there are 48 recruited supporters through Facebook :lol:

Hoping some of them will dish some dosh, of course!!
  7. Sgt.Slingsby

Sgt.Slingsby War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Bloody quiet here - I do hope people are joining in and chucking a couple of quid?

no need to go mad - £5 0r £10 will bump things along nicely :wink:
  8. blue-sophist

I go away for a bit o a break, and this falls into the "Dead Thread" department. :roll:

EXCUSE ME PEOPLE .... this cause need a bit of extra support to recognise what these amazing young people are doing for Hols4Heroes and 'that other thing' :lol:

Send money asap, or I shall start being extremely boring again.

9. Sgt.Slingsby

Sgt.Slingsby War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Yes - what Uncle Blue said.

These guys are doing an amazing challenge that would shatter the average bloke.

Bung a few quid, you mean scrotes! 8)
  10. blue-sophist

errrmmm .... BUMP :wink:

Holidays4heroes has a long waiting list of families of the wounded needing funding.
    Can you help MDN clear some of the backlog by supporting The Spatula Challenge?
    Thanks, folks.
  11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Fine days to go until William and Georgina set off guys!

Come on it was payday yesterday, you know that you want to chuck a couple of quid into the kitty.

Just £2 from everyone online today would make a huge difference.
  12. blue-sophist

Please help them meet their financial target - they start their amazing expedition on Monday.
  13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Just to clarify, that's this Monday isn't it?

Doing the 3 Peaks Challenge?

And even a donation of £2 will make a difference?
  14. blue-sophist

Errrmm ... yes indeed, Gremlin.

Two great young people will be climbing Ben Nevis, then Scafell Pike, and finally Snowdon ... and cycle between each one ... to raise money for Holidays4heroes and Cancer Risk in the Young

What an AMAZING challenge for Will [14] and Georgina [16] to undertake!

And people can click and donate at THIS WEBSITE!
    Simples :wink:
  15. For anyone following the Spatula challenge, news in from Sunray a couple of hours ago, our teenage fundraisers peaked Ben Nevis, are now back down and about to embark on a cycle ride to Scafell in the lake district.

Outstanding achievement.