The Soldiers on GMTV

#2
I got my copy of their album this morning - despite the post strike! - and I love it. Some classic songs given a new lease of life. Unfortunately, when I posted a link to their single on this site, I just got told it was a "load of sentimental shite" :x
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#3
Well it is.
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#5
To be honest the single, "Coming Home" is nothing short of embarrassing.
Was it originally written or sung by a Septic group ?

I can understand why it was put on sh-itunes
 
#7
#10
Why are they trying to sound like Americans? :?

Either you're proud to be British or you aren't!
 
#11
This is all part of this cheesy pish image that has been thrust upon us the past few years, we never used to need this overt b*ll*cks. I'd rather go back to the days of obscurity; getting on with a job and the unspoken respect that I felt was a hallmark of the 'humour & humility' that went with being in the British Army.

Now I have to suffer endless junkmail & facebook shite from people telling me stories about squaddies walking through shopping centres and people bursting spontaneously into applause. It's embarrassing.

Raising money is one thing, but this makes me feel like were selling our soul.
 
P

PrinceAlbert

Guest
#13
Bolo-Driller said:
no doubt some dull cnut will be along shrtly and start all the gay "its dusty in here" horseshiite.
The song's shiite. My money for the dusty comment is on "Mistersoft"
 
#15
It was utter gash. Just sat through the whole thing and its really quite embarassing.

FFS the hero one was better than this, and that was made by a load of X factor mutants!
 
#16
Why do they keep saying that they are the first serving soldiers to have a hit record, don't the RSDGs count
 
C

cloudbuster

Guest
#17
tropper66 said:
Why do they keep saying that they are the first serving soldiers to have a hit record, don't the RSDGs count
'Cos the SDG didn't sing on Amazing Grace, just made that horrid whiney noise. :D
 
P

PrinceAlbert

Guest
#18
jonny2vests said:
This is all part of this cheesy pish image that has been thrust upon us the past few years, we never used to need this overt b*ll*cks. I'd rather go back to the days of obscurity; getting on with a job and the unspoken respect that I felt was a hallmark of the 'humour & humility' that went with being in the British Army.

Now I have to suffer endless junkmail & facebook shite from people telling me stories about squaddies walking through shopping centres and people bursting spontaneously into applause. It's embarrassing.

Raising money is one thing, but this makes me feel like were selling our soul.
Agreed, on all counts.
 
#19
cloudbuster said:
tropper66 said:
Why do they keep saying that they are the first serving soldiers to have a hit record, don't the RSDGs count
'Cos the SDG didn't sing on Amazing Grace, just made that horrid whiney noise. :D
Four Crabs had a hit in 1965/66 with "Good news week" I think they were called Hedghopers anonomous
 
R

really?_fascinating

Guest
#20
I have just watched it.

Bit dusty in here - then again, I am sat in a TA centre, it is very dusty, looks like no one been in here for weeks - have they all given up or something?
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top