The SNP - Can they sink any lower?

Indeed and it's a fair argument that independence is a popular concept North of the border, personally if the Independence referendum had gone the other way I'd have seen it as a shame, but the will of the people and fair do's.
The reality now in play is the UK is no longer an EU member so Scotland seeking to join would be very much more complicated than in 2014 and the financial scenario was never especially viable before, but it's vastly less so now.
I don’t think it would be beyond the bounds of possibility for the EU to admit an independent Scotland purely for the mischief of it.

I don’t think it would be beyond the bounds of possibility for the EU to admit an independent Scotland purely for the mischief of it.
Not while Spain has a hole in its arse it wont.

Last edited:
Spain Italy Romania and Greece and any other broken economies will do what Germany and France tell them, eventually.

Tyk

LE
Indeed, the Catalans would see it as a gigantic green light if the EU demonstrated direct approval for a split up Union country by admitting it, for that matter accession currently requires unanimous approval and I can't see Spain going along happily.

A "porage wog" sounds like a special clay pot a frightfully middle class family would use to serve their quinoa and avocado brunch.

Of course it's pronounced poh-raaj wohg .

That term is frightfully derogatory, nay Racist even, I much prefer "sweaty" !

Ok.
I’m going from memory here because I can’t be arsed going back to find your initial shite bit if I remember correctly it’s standard 77 stuff.
Scotland already qualifies to be a member of the EU. By virtue of already being a fully complicit member of the EU.
Scotland’s debt. Scotland has no debt. Scotland’s is given a grant (an amount of money decided by WM) that it has to run Scotland with. Scotland, regardless of what party it votes in, has to run Scotland within the financial restraints of this “grant”.

Scotland then in this regard has no deficit. It has to run itself within the designated WM budget.

It’s worth noting that Lord Jack McConnell actually sent back millions (it was more than that) because he couldn’t think what to spend it on (Labour).

Imagine that. Subsidy junkie Scotland sending money back to England because it was so rich it didn’t need the money.

Anyway. The queue to get into the EU. There’s no queue. And as explained anyway Scotch already qualifies. Google it.

Currency. Scotland could use bottle tops as currency. It’s ******* minted.

Defence. The U.K. could easily allow the northern seas to be undefended. It takes care of Ireland doesn’t it?

Anyway, if there’s anything else your Halifax arse is concerned about feel free to ask.
You're a subscriber of The National aren't you? That is basically word for word, the tripe you find in that excuse of a "paper".

And as if by magic--Impeccable timing from Mhairi Hunter SNP Glasgow -

Not as if there is anything else on at the minute is there?

Looking at her info, she would appear to be a comedian
Mhairi Hunter
@MhairiHunter
Personal account. Glasgow councillor.
Tells jokes.

Perhaps this part was the joke!!

"As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule"

FFS This moron is deluded by the continual "Braveheart" crap spouted by Krankie!

Scotland is in a financially sound position in the event of independence, and can even have a budget surplus, thus delivering high quality healthcare and other benefits to its citizens...

...provided the price of oil remains over US$110 per barrel.
But mr. Alex said;

//www.energyvoice.com/oilandgas/north-sea/134024/alex-salmond-60-oil-gives-independent-scotland-strong-economic-case/
14/03/2017

The political leader insisted $60 gave the country a strong economic standing.
Speaking to Bloomberg TV, he said: “Scotland is a viable independent country outside the UK.
“At $60 per barrel of oil Scotland will be the fifteenth country in the world per wealth per head. That means that we would be better off that another 185 countries, one place ahead of the UK as a whole.

“Having lost about 100,000 oil jobs across Scotland, our unemployment rate is currently at around 4.7% compared to UK’s 4.6%. This demonstrates a substantial degree of resilience across the Scottish economy.

Spain Italy Romania and Greece and any other broken economies will do what Germany and France tell them, eventually.
France also gets abit twitchy over countries breaking up, its got its own Basque region and Corsica wanting to go their own way.

Can't see Spain allowing it somehow, it would rather set a precedent

I’d imagine the EU might suggest something dastardly like the Spanish be given Scotland’s share of Gibraltar as a sweetner.
Scotland could offer them Wester Hailes or Cumnock in lieu.

You're all being very cruel to the inarticulate illiterate screamers of "FREEEEEEEDOM".

Scotland is in a financially sound position in the event of independence, and can even have a budget surplus, thus delivering high quality healthcare and other benefits to its citizens...

...provided the price of oil remains over US$110 per barrel.

Brent crude was trading at US$31.91 this morning. As the price and production war between Russia and Saudi rumbles on, and demand collapses in Europe, Africa and the Americas, and more and more renewable projects come on line and technology advances, the price of oil is expected to reach US$15 per barrel. And will stay there.

Nearly all the world's storage sites for oil are full: oil companies have rented every single ship in the world capable of storing any decent quantity of oil and these ships are just sitting there, waiting for a buyer, and around the world the oil refineries are operating at a fraction of their normal output. Air travel is down by 95% in the Americas, similar in Europe. Cars aren't being driven.

Brent crude costs between US$30 and US$45 per barrel to get it from undersea to a refinery (Saudi oil costs US$2, American shale oil between US$9-15).

So how will the haggis stabbers pay for the +550,000 mouths sucking from the teat of public sector employment? All those people, nearly all voting SNP: how will they react when they're sacked, or how will the remaining 3,425,800 members of the electorate react when taxes go up through the roof to pay for the SNPs corruption and stupidity?
The end is in sight for the North Sea fields. Some 10% of the North sea rigs have already decommissioned.Shell is turning it's considerable skills to the task (and getting massive tax breaks in the process).
Where does this leave Scotland's finances?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not forgetting one arrser learnt his trade there, enabling him to orally examine anyone legally
As a result of my studies I can recommend the Agacan on the Perth Road as the finest kebab shop in The UK.