The SNP - Can they sink any lower?

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
I
If you were lucky you could have worked for british steel at ravenscraig or one of the other smaller sites nearby. Not one of the Tory governments finer moments. Privatising didn't always work.
British Airways
British Telecom
British Rail
Before you think am having bash, Scotland had towns and cities that relied on one trade alone. Shipbuilding was a east coast business in dundee.
But there was more in Dundee than just ship building.

Smack/crack?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Except in reality the exact opposite is true.

Scottish Nationalism = accepted but only in Scotland
Welsh Nationalism = accepted only in Wales but no-one cares unless they start burning incomers' houses again
Irish Nationalism = accepted by Labour & the SNP, brushed over by the media
English Nationalism = racist, even classed as such by some of our own politicians
Edited to add my bitter & twisted views :)

If you were lucky you could have worked for british steel at ravenscraig or one of the other smaller sites nearby. Not one of the Tory governments finer moments. Privatising didn't always work.
British Airways
British Telecom
British Rail
Before you think am having bash, Scotland had towns and cities that relied on one trade alone. Shipbuilding was a east coast business in dundee.
So did a large number of places in Northern England and the Midlands, coal. Going slightly further back the mill towns like Burnley that had collieries were left almost totally devastated, although you'd never be able to tell in Burnley.

Dek Finlay

Old-Salt
Feel free to explain point by point what's wrong with the logic, analysis and accuracy, I'm always happy to learn if I'm wrong.

I don't doubt the picture you paint is true for some SNP ultra types, I'm quite glad I don't know that sort personally as I'd find them rather depressing.
Ok.
I’m going from memory here because I can’t be arsed going back to find your initial shite bit if I remember correctly it’s standard 77 stuff.
Scotland already qualifies to be a member of the EU. By virtue of already being a fully complicit member of the EU.
Scotland’s debt. Scotland has no debt. Scotland’s is given a grant (an amount of money decided by WM) that it has to run Scotland with. Scotland, regardless of what party it votes in, has to run Scotland within the financial restraints of this “grant”.

Scotland then in this regard has no deficit. It has to run itself within the designated WM budget.

It’s worth noting that Lord Jack McConnell actually sent back millions (it was more than that) because he couldn’t think what to spend it on (Labour).

Imagine that. Subsidy junkie Scotland sending money back to England because it was so rich it didn’t need the money.

Anyway. The queue to get into the EU. There’s no queue. And as explained anyway Scotch already qualifies. Google it.

Currency. Scotland could use bottle tops as currency. It’s ******* minted.

Defence. The U.K. could easily allow the northern seas to be undefended. It takes care of Ireland doesn’t it?

Anyway, if there’s anything else your Halifax arse is concerned about feel free to ask.

Ok.
I’m going from memory here because I can’t be arsed going back to find your initial shite bit if I remember correctly it’s standard 77 stuff.
Scotland already qualifies to be a member of the EU. By virtue of already being a fully complicit member of the EU.
Scotland’s debt. Scotland has no debt. Scotland’s is given a grant (an amount of money decided by WM) that it has to run Scotland with. Scotland, regardless of what party it votes in, has to run Scotland within the financial restraints of this “grant”.

Scotland then in this regard has no deficit. It has to run itself within the designated WM budget.

It’s worth noting that Lord Jack McConnell actually sent back millions (it was more than that) because he couldn’t think what to spend it on (Labour).

Imagine that. Subsidy junkie Scotland sending money back to England because it was so rich it didn’t need the money.

Anyway. The queue to get into the EU. There’s no queue. And as explained anyway Scotch already qualifies. Google it.

Currency. Scotland could use bottle tops as currency. It’s ******* minted.

Defence. The U.K. could easily allow the northern seas to be undefended. It takes care of Ireland doesn’t it?

Anyway, if there’s anything else your Halifax arse is concerned about feel free to ask.
Its amazing the 55% of jocks decided to stay with the union when you explain how good they could have had it.

What I find amazing is he wrote his last post without putting a big smiley at the end of it.....

.....it was a joke post wasn't it?

Latest Threads