The SNP - Can they sink any lower?

Spoke to one of my old drivers an hour and a bit ago.
he tells me that at half two ish this afternoon the cults acolytes were on a bridge over the M74 just north of Beattock, Featooning said bridge with Banners and YES2 flags.........w#nkers.!
obviously staying in and not spreading the virus comas second to a futile little rage at the truckers heading south ( after bringing food north)
did I mention w@ nkers ?.......... good!

QUOTE="SDFA, post: 9939243, member: 162487"]
What, like the history that the SNP and their acolytes are trying to deny to Unionists, that sort of history?

What relevance does the speech of Arbroath have in today's climate where people of all faiths and beliefs are dying?

The Declaration states that Scotland can use Military force to defend itself against attack, pray tell, what attack are we facing at the moment? An attack of the British Army building a hospital in a humanitarian gesture?

Is it meant as a distraction to the disastrous PR that the SNP have suffered over the last few weeks, a rallying call so to speak?

Why does everything the SNP do, now stick in my craw? Could it be the ineptness of our so called political leaders? Could it be the cult like followers, yourself included, who cannot and will not listen to anything that contradicts or does not come from the Great Leaders mouth?
Could it be that the leader of your supported Political Party is a narcissist who cannot and will not let anything party related occur without having her grid all over it?

As mentioned in 1 of my posts in another thread, the similarity in mode of operation between the SNP and SF is actually quite disturbing. Use of historical events over which the population have little or no understanding, rewritten and spun a certain way to gain advantage, just to different and drive a wedge between people is actually quite poor politics.
Like the cult on Twitter, when exposed, there is little of substance to back up the rhetoric!

Or, it could just be about a film?
[/QUOTE]

Good effort, I'll give you that.
However you presume to make erroneous assumptions. Nor should you tar all with the same assumptive brush.
Referring to my bold, I've not voted for any party for 3 years, having voted SNP since the 80's, found them wanting on numerous levels of late and so voted with my feet...where they will remain for some time.
As far as I am concerned, there is no party I wish to pin loyalty to right now that is not filled with sociopaths, liars, and self serving idiots.

However you presume to make erroneous assumptions. Nor should you tar all with the same assumptive brush.
Referring to my bold, I've not voted for any party for 3 years, having voted SNP since the 80's, found them wanting on numerous levels of late and so voted with my feet...where they will remain for some time.
As far as I am concerned, there is no party I wish to pin loyalty to right now that is not filled with sociopaths, liars, and self serving idiots.
But they are all filled with politicians.

Tyk

LE
As said on page 1 of the thread, wee Krankie has no desire for Scotland to get actual independence, Scotland would struggle to survive economically outside the UK, what she actually wants is maxed out devolution where she gets to spunk cash supplied by Westminster and play at being a "government". The daydream that Scotland would immediately join the EU is utter nonsense as well as the process is long, has a queue and I can't see Scotland meeting the basic requirements, even IF the EU wanted another net beneficiary rather than contributor to the massive money sink.

Should Scotland split from the UK the job losses from the Civil Service (including MoD personnel) alone would bankrupt the place in no time and the banks with Scots HQ's would have to bin those as well. The other issues like currency, embassies and all the trivia like health, pensions, defence, education which absorb big lumps of cash are minor considerations.

Scots independence is the last thing the SNP actually want, it's just a fun thing for them to bleat about indefinitely even if you ignore the fact they agreed the last referendum on the subject was a one off and they'd accept the result.

As said on page 1 of the thread, wee Krankie has no desire for Scotland to get actual independence, Scotland would struggle to survive economically outside the UK, what she actually wants is maxed out devolution where she gets to spunk cash supplied by Westminster and play at being a "government". The daydream that Scotland would immediately join the EU is utter nonsense as well as the process is long, has a queue and I can't see Scotland meeting the basic requirements, even IF the EU wanted another net beneficiary rather than contributor to the massive money sink.

Should Scotland split from the UK the job losses from the Civil Service (including MoD personnel) alone would bankrupt the place in no time and the banks with Scots HQ's would have to bin those as well. The other issues like currency, embassies and all the trivia like health, pensions, defence, education which absorb big lumps of cash are minor considerations.

Scots independence is the last thing the SNP actually want, it's just a fun thing for them to bleat about indefinitely even if you ignore the fact they agreed the last referendum on the subject was a one off and they'd accept the result.
Independence from the UK is the single driving force for the SNP, that they wish to join the EU post independence is very logical to them.

And yes I think they are missing something in their heads.

UKTAP

LE

You might be right, but there are two other possibilities:

1. Wee Jimmy Krankie is well aware of this, but is willing to see her country burn just so she can be Queen of Scots. (My bet).

or

2. The SNP are so genuinely stupid that they can't see the above happening. (Also actually possible, and probably true of Wee Jimmy Krankie's apostles).

SDFA

Old-Salt
What, like the history that the SNP and their acolytes are trying to deny to Unionists, that sort of history?

What relevance does the speech of Arbroath have in today's climate where people of all faiths and beliefs are dying?

The Declaration states that Scotland can use Military force to defend itself against attack, pray tell, what attack are we facing at the moment? An attack of the British Army building a hospital in a humanitarian gesture?

Is it meant as a distraction to the disastrous PR that the SNP have suffered over the last few weeks, a rallying call so to speak?

Why does everything the SNP do, now stick in my craw? Could it be the ineptness of our so called political leaders? Could it be the cult like followers, yourself included, who cannot and will not listen to anything that contradicts or does not come from the Great Leaders mouth?
Could it be that the leader of your supported Political Party is a narcissist who cannot and will not let anything party related occur without having her grid all over it?

As mentioned in 1 of my posts in another thread, the similarity in mode of operation between the SNP and SF is actually quite disturbing. Use of historical events over which the population have little or no understanding, rewritten and spun a certain way to gain advantage, just to different and drive a wedge between people is actually quite poor politics.
Like the cult on Twitter, when exposed, there is little of substance to back up the rhetoric!

[/QUOTE]
Please accept my apologies for lumping you in with the clan, but after an afternoon dealing with their dribblings on twitter and seeing the proliferation of posts from new members, all with a vaguely similar theme to their twitter posts, i'm a tad suspicious of everybody.
This has what Elsie has turned Scotland into....and its not nice.

[/QUOTE]

Yep.

They're Nationalists, so they'll lie, distort, U turn and bully, or anything else, to get their cherished little flag to wave.

Tyk

LE
Independence from the UK is the single driving force for the SNP, that they wish to join the EU post independence is very logical to them.

And yes I think they are missing something in their heads.
I don't agree, Independence is just a rallying cry to get their arses on the seats of Holyrood, it's food for the anyone but England types of Scotsman.

They can't be so stupid that they don't realise what the consequences of an independent Scotland will be, can they? Really? ........ OK they're politicians I take that back they just don't care, trough first and hang the plebs, they don't matter except when an election is on.

You might be right, but there are two other possibilities:

1. Wee Jimmy Krankie is well aware of this, but is willing to see her country burn just so she can be Queen of Scots. (My bet).

or

2. The SNP are so genuinely stupid that they can't see the above happening. (Also actually possible, and probably true of Wee Jimmy Krankie's apostles).
1. Quite possibly.
2. Very likely.

They're Nationalists, so they'll lie, distort, U turn and bully, or anything else, to get their cherished little flag to wave.
Or indeed their blue passports.

Dek Finlay

Old-Salt

All of that post was complete shite. If you like I can talk you through it issue by issue.

Please accept my apologies for lumping you in with the clan, but after an afternoon dealing with their dribblings on twitter and seeing the proliferation of posts from new members, all with a vaguely similar theme to their twitter posts, i'm a tad suspicious of everybody.
This has what Elsie has turned Scotland into....and its not nice.
[/QUOTE]
Fair one.
Reset button pressed then! ;)

I don't agree, Independence is just a rallying cry to get their arses on the seats of Holyrood, it's food for the anyone but England types of Scotsman.

They can't be so stupid that they don't realise what the consequences of an independent Scotland will be, can they? Really? ........ OK they're politicians I take that back they just don't care, trough first and hang the plebs, they don't matter except when an election is on.

1. Quite possibly.
2. Very likely.
I have to ask, do you actually know any SNP members, activists or voters :? Those I know are as I described, very much so, and they'll take no questioning on their beliefs either to the point they'll cut off contact. They firmly believe independence from the UK is achievable and their birthright and the EU is something they are very interested in despite the irony.

SNP supporters are very much like die hard Labour supporters used to be, they'd spit if you mentioned the word tory, would completely blank you if they knew or suspected you were a tory voter and would go apoplectic if you murmerd Mrs T.

Is there any other political party that has such a disproportionately high number of unpleasant oddballs?

Hot on the heels of MSP Derek MacKay resigning after sending explicit texts to a 16 year old boy and Alex Salmond's 'complete exoneration' for sexual assault, it's being reported that Glasgow Cardonald Councillor Alex Wilson has left his partner of 30 years. Not much of interest there you might think, but tucked away in the article is this little gem -

"He told me he was leaving me to go live with her as they've been planning it since January. We've been together since I was 13, he was 20. It's our 20th wedding anniversary this August."

I know it's Scotland and they do things differently there, but surely the fact that a 20 year old was in a relationship with a 13 year old is the story here?
I wonder if anyone will report that to PC Plod...

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
[/QUOTE]

The Welsh, The Northern Irish and Scottish Parliaments are merely 'Parish Councils' but at a massive cost and with more spending power, it's time to kick the Fuucking lot into touch! A waste of time and money! Pricks all of them!

Tyk

LE
All of that post was complete shite. If you like I can talk you through it issue by issue.
Feel free to explain point by point what's wrong with the logic, analysis and accuracy, I'm always happy to learn if I'm wrong.

I have to ask, do you actually know any SNP members, activists or voters :? Those I know are as I described, very much so, and they'll take no questioning on their beliefs either to the point they'll cut off contact. They firmly believe independence from the UK is achievable and their birthright and the EU is something they are very interested in despite the irony.

I know a couple of members and voters, they're passionate for sure, but not to that extent.

SNP supporters are very much like die hard Labour supporters used to be, they'd spit if you mentioned the word tory, would completely blank you if they knew or suspected you were a tory voter and would go apoplectic if you murmerd Mrs T.

I'm sure some would, but I guess the ones I've met or know aren't quite that extreme.
I don't doubt the picture you paint is true for some SNP ultra types, I'm quite glad I don't know that sort personally as I'd find them rather depressing.

Latest Threads