The SNP - Can they sink any lower?

Im Dek Finlay Mr Rehab. Who are you?

Face it, If you want a future where you can travel abroad, my Scottish friend, or indeed where you want to be able to be able to import anything at all, it's very much in your interests to maintain the Union. Otherwise you'll have to find a currency more in keeping with your new global status: the Albanian Lek, perhaps, or the West African CFA franc, as used by your economic soul-mate Burkina Faso.

In 2019, Scotland’s deficit (the difference between what the government spends and what it takes in) was seven times that of the UK. How do you think that’s going to look on your EU membership application?

Neither as (then) Bank of England Governor Mark Carney made perfectly clear, an independent Scotland is not going to keep the pound. Why not? Well look at what Greece did when -- with a little book-balancing sleight of hand from its friends at Goldman Sachs -- it snuck into membership of the Euro.

Let's be blunt: apart from the whisky industry, and what's left of the tourist industry that hasn't been wiped out by Alex Salmond's wind-farm building programme, Scotland doesn't really have an economy. It is a welfare-dependent basket case, with near Soviet levels of government spending and a workforce who'd mostly be out of jobs if they weren't sucking on the teat of state employment.

For various historical and emotional reasons, the English taxpayers who bankroll most of this welfarism - e.g. through the iniquitous Barnett Formula, whereby around £1000 more per annum is spent by the government on Scottish citizens than English ones - have decided generally to be cool about this.

What about North Sea Oil, I hear you say? It's almost run out and the price has halved this year so you'll not survive on that for very long whatever that Snake Oil Salesman Salmond may have promised you. In any case you know what happens to countries - e.g. Venezuela; Russia -- that become too dependent on oil? Massive boom and bust that's what.

If in some fit of petulance you do break the Union you will soon find yourselves in a harsh reality where, like the 'liberated' Africans in post apartheid South Africa you will be forced to confront the truth that your real problems are not the English, but your exaggerated sense of grievance and catastrophic attitude of entitlement.

The great Samuel Johnson said "The noblest prospect which a Scotchman ever sees is the high road that leads him to England."and that what we'll see if they vote for independence - tens of thousands of economic refugees making their way to England for handouts.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
The Judicial Review will pick up on that but she admitted today on her briefing that she was using money to alleviate poverty rather than give to businesses. Instead of applying the rules to all premises, where a business has npmire than one outlet in a town/city then only one of the outlets will be covered, unlike England where it is a blanket all outlets. I am sure over the next few days this will become more of an issue in the media.
So not 'misappropriating' then with its connotations of dishonesty?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What other slant would you out on it when the money was given for business and (mis)appropriated for other, highly political, purposes?

I suspect there will be (yet another) U-turn at Bute House soon.

Dek Finlay

Old-Salt
Face it, If you want a future where you can travel abroad, my Scottish friend, or indeed where you want to be able to be able to import anything at all, it's very much in your interests to maintain the Union. Otherwise you'll have to find a currency more in keeping with your new global status: the Albanian Lek, perhaps, or the West African CFA franc, as used by your economic soul-mate Burkina Faso.

In 2019, Scotland’s deficit (the difference between what the government spends and what it takes in) was seven times that of the UK. How do you think that’s going to look on your EU membership application?

Neither as (then) Bank of England Governor Mark Carney made perfectly clear, an independent Scotland is not going to keep the pound. Why not? Well look at what Greece did when -- with a little book-balancing sleight of hand from its friends at Goldman Sachs -- it snuck into membership of the Euro.

Let's be blunt: apart from the whisky industry, and what's left of the tourist industry that hasn't been wiped out by Alex Salmond's wind-farm building programme, Scotland doesn't really have an economy. It is a welfare-dependent basket case, with near Soviet levels of government spending and a workforce who'd mostly be out of jobs if they weren't sucking on the teat of state employment.

For various historical and emotional reasons, the English taxpayers who bankroll most of this welfarism - e.g. through the iniquitous Barnett Formula, whereby around £1000 more per annum is spent by the government on Scottish citizens than English ones - have decided generally to be cool about this.

What about North Sea Oil, I hear you say? It's almost run out and the price has halved this year so you'll not survive on that for very long whatever that Snake Oil Salesman Salmond may have promised you. In any case you know what happens to countries - e.g. Venezuela; Russia -- that become too dependent on oil? Massive boom and bust that's what.

If in some fit of petulance you do break the Union you will soon find yourselves in a harsh reality where, like the 'liberated' Africans in post apartheid South Africa you will be forced to confront the truth that your real problems are not the English, but your exaggerated sense of grievance and catastrophic attitude of entitlement.

The great Samuel Johnson said "The noblest prospect which a Scotchman ever sees is the high road that leads him to England."and that what we'll see if they vote for independence - tens of thousands of economic refugees making their way to England for handouts.
Wow. What a lot of effort to type a load of shite. I look forward to the day the good citizens of England realise that they subsidise the ginger alcoholics for no gain. The English and Welsh will form a party (think Brexit) where they can vote to be rid of a union they disagree with that costs them a fortune and they don’t like anyway. This isn’t unrealistic. Brexit was organised and voted on fairly quickly. Scotland keeps voting in the SNP despite the vote to remain in the U.K. Who gives a funk? The English and Welsh should just get rid of the Scotch. What do they contribute? The oil ran out in 2014 and Alex Salmond breathed in all the wind. Whisky is shit Jock piss that no one drinks.

There is only one answer to the Jock problem and that is an ENP. I live in England and I’d happily campaign, vote for and be an MP for it.

SDFA

Old-Salt
So using your rules - If you gave me £100 to get drink for a Sqn party and I spent £80 on drink and gave £20 to the guy sitting outside the offie cause he said he was poor and hungry, I would not be guilty of misappropriating the monies, even though it is not mine and I was entrusted with the money to purchase drink and drink only?

Does it? Explain further. Using your real name. I’m using mine.
I'm Sparticus.
My name has nothing to do with it. Where I live and where I pay my taxes has.

Dek Finlay

Old-Salt
Don't be a dick. We don't encourage the use of real names.
Why not? People can talk as much shite as they like (and they do) using fake names. Wouldn’t it be a breath of fresh air if people could just be honest? Imagine if you had to justify what you said in real life in a forum that claimed to be defending the country. Why is anyone here here hiding behind a fake name? We’re not all ex SAS. Most ex SAS are on the ******* telly. I’m not worried about ISIS finding me on Arrse.

Reading into the tweet thread, she has tried to justify it by saying its the 700th anniversary of something, somebody is reported to have said in 1320.
Varous comments ranging from '20 past 1' to 'liquid lunches'
Personally I think she's in Leith with the rest of the spoonburners!
Spot on - she couldn't make it up........because she didn't
Declaration of Arbroath 1320.jpg

Why not? People can talk as much shite as they like (and they do) using fake names. Wouldn’t it be a breath of fresh air if people could just be honest? Imagine if you had to justify what you said in real life in a forum that claimed to be defending the country. Why is anyone here here hiding behind a fake name? We’re not all ex SAS. Most ex SAS are on the ******* telly. I’m not worried about ISIS finding me on Arrse.
Alright, alright, you win. @Murphy_Slaw 's name is Harry Skinters.

Alright, alright, you win. @Murphy_Slaw 's name is Harry Skinters.
As someone who is self employed, you're not far wrong G_B. Thank goodness for my military pension......and Mrs Slaw who's still earning a wedge!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well I can do it in crayon if you'd prefer but WE HAVE NOTHING BUT YOUR WORD THAT THIS IS YOUR REAL NAME. You could be a fantasist, a liar, a journalist*, an arsehole*. So unless you feel up to posting a piccy of your passport (which I wouldn't advise) we'll stick with anonymity.

*Not mutually exclusive.

From today's Times:

Coronavirus in Scotland: Ministers fail to give supermarkets list of vulnerable shoppers
Supermarkets are unable to give online shopping slots to thousands of vulnerable Scots because ministers haven’t shared their list of those in need.

Sainsbury’s, Asda and Tesco have confirmed that they are waiting to hear from the Scottish government about who needs home deliveries during the coronavirus outbreak.

The UK government provided the information on Friday and stores have since delivered to hundreds of thousands of homes across England.

About 10 per cent of supermarket delivery slots have been saved for Scotland’s most vulnerable people but they cannot be used at present. Because health is devolved it is the responsibility of the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish administrations to pass on the lists, but so far none has done so. Industry sources said SNP ministers had promised to provide the information later this week. “But they were saying that two weeks ago,” an insider added.

With people reluctant to go out in public, delivery slots are booked up for weeks leaving many struggling to buy essential items during the lockdown.
I am classed as vulnerable, can only get click and collect from Asda which is ok provided you have someone to collect which I have. Top tip if you register with Iceland as vulnerable it appears they give you a slot the next day, what I have also found is that some of the products that I have continually found out of stock in Tesco with the one delivery I had and Asda with 3 click and collects is things like pitta bread and tins of tuna tommato puree and tinned tommatoes were readily available. Now Tesco which would be my main supermarket has been booked solid for all of April no doubt by the same w*****s that bought all the bogroll and pasta are the same shower of shite that took them all if they needed them or not.

Dek Finlay

Old-Salt
Well I can do it in crayon if you'd prefer but WE HAVE NOTHING BUT YOUR WORD THAT THIS IS YOUR REAL NAME. You could be a fantasist, a liar, a journalist*, an *********. So unless you feel up to posting a piccy of your passport (which I wouldn't advise) we'll stick with anonymity.

*Not mutually exclusive.
My name is still Dek Finlay. It won’t change. You can be a fanny forevermore.

Hi NI backward unionist cun+. I’m not religious. Like most people from my country and the northern half of yours, I couldn’t give a flying funk about religion. That you think Scotland can’t be an independent country tells me you can’t think for yourself. There are posts on this site from about 17 years ago. I will pay you £1,000,000 if in the next 17 years your “facts” turn out to be true. Never surrender.
William Wallace Walt

Latest Threads