The SNP - Can they sink any lower?

Is there any other political party that has such a disproportionately high number of unpleasant oddballs?

Hot on the heels of MSP Derek MacKay resigning after sending explicit texts to a 16 year old boy and Alex Salmond's 'complete exoneration' for sexual assault, it's being reported that Glasgow Cardonald Councillor Alex Wilson has left his partner of 30 years. Not much of interest there you might think, but tucked away in the article is this little gem -

"He told me he was leaving me to go live with her as they've been planning it since January. We've been together since I was 13, he was 20. It's our 20th wedding anniversary this August."

I know it's Scotland and they do things differently there, but surely the fact that a 20 year old was in a relationship with a 13 year old is the story here?

Anyone recall the liberals in the 70s ? with Jeremy Thorpe and Cyril paedosmith. Many of us opposed to the centrist post-democratic politics are well aware that edgy parties on the fringes attract a myriad of oddballs and misfits.

I suppose if I supported Scottish independence, then the SNP is a fellow traveller and much of its hubris is probably wrong i.e. most people in Scotland don't support its politics.. At some point the SNP will find it harder and harder to avoid the argument that IT is the establishment in Scotland and even if Scotland attained independence it would be a very fractious breakup of the SNP immediately afterwards.

Anyone recall the liberals in the 70s ? with Jeremy Thorpe and Cyril paedosmith. Many of us opposed to the centrist post-democratic politics are well aware that edgy parties on the fringes attract a myriad of oddballs and misfits.

I suppose if I supported Scottish independence, then the SNP is a fellow traveller and much of its hubris is probably wrong i.e. most people in Scotland don't support its politics.. At some point the SNP will find it harder and harder to avoid the argument that IT is the establishment in Scotland and even if Scotland attained independence it would be a very fractious breakup of the SNP immediately afterwards.
Independence is the LAST thing that Wee Jimmy Krankie wants - if she got it she would have to behave like a proper politician and start actually running the place.

What disgusted me was when the Brexit breakaways formed their own group in Parliament before the last election (when they all got the boot). They were placed in the house behind the SNP group and a photo was taken of them. When it was published, the SNP MPs were shown waving and pulling silly faces - I thought that if that is the best that Scotland can provide, what dross is left in Holyrood?

Independence is the LAST thing that Wee Jimmy Krankie wants - if she got it she would have to behave like a proper politician and start actually running the place.

What disgusted me was when the Brexit breakaways formed their own group in Parliament before the last election (when they all got the boot). They were placed in the house behind the SNP group and a photo was taken of them. When it was published, the SNP MPs were shown waving and pulling silly faces - I thought that if that is the best that Scotland can provide, what dross is left in Holyrood?
Which is why any vote on Scottish independence should involve the rest of Britain. It would be a landslide for independence.

Dek Finlay

Old-Salt
Which is why any vote on Scottish independence should involve the rest of Britain. It would be a landslide for independence.
You are absolutely correct. The reason for this is that the rest of Britain believes what they’ve been fed for decades. Ask yourself this.
Why on earth has the entire U.K. never been asked the question? Because as you quite rightly point out, England would vote for its independence.
What is the point in England being in a union with a small country that is skint and full of chippy, skirt wearing fat ginger alcoholic porage wogs?
It makes no sense.
England just recently voted to leave a union that it didn’t like.

You are absolutely correct. The reason for this is that the rest of Britain believes what they’ve been fed for decades. Ask yourself this.
Why on earth has the entire U.K. never been asked the question? Because as you quite rightly point out, England would vote for its independence.
What is the point in England being in a union with a small country that is skint and full of chippy, skirt wearing fat ginger alcoholic porage wogs?
It makes no sense.
If the English voted for Scottish Independence the Scottish National Party would quickly become the Scottish Union Party.

If the English voted for Scottish Independence the Scottish National Party would quickly become the Scottish Union Party.
There’s already a Scottish Union Party. It’s full title is the Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party.

Some people need to get down the QMs and sign out a sense of humour.

Dek Finlay

Old-Salt
Is there any other political party that has such a disproportionately high number of unpleasant oddballs?

Hot on the heels of MSP Derek MacKay resigning after sending explicit texts to a 16 year old boy and Alex Salmond's 'complete exoneration' for sexual assault, it's being reported that Glasgow Cardonald Councillor Alex Wilson has left his partner of 30 years. Not much of interest there you might think, but tucked away in the article is this little gem -

"He told me he was leaving me to go live with her as they've been planning it since January. We've been together since I was 13, he was 20. It's our 20th wedding anniversary this August."

I know it's Scotland and they do things differently there, but surely the fact that a 20 year old was in a relationship with a 13 year old is the story here?
I remember when Bill Wyman had a 13 year old girlfriend. You get kiddy fiddlers everywhere.

It makes no sense.
A "porage wog" sounds like a special clay pot a frightfully middle class family would use to serve their quinoa and avocado brunch.

Of course it's pronounced poh-raaj wohg .

Latest Threads