Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Snowflake Generation

Why I found really shit about that story was that they were going to trash the trade union offices and someone from the Green party grassed them up.

And that Roger Hallam has left XR, so with even the XLW loony fringe leaving them for being too extreme where does XR go now?

And that Roger Hallam has left XR, so with even the XLW loony fringe leaving them for being too extreme where does XR go now?

I was hoping to the trade union offices.
It would have been fun to watch Labour justify that.

Chimp

ADC
While I don't deny what you're asserting, I don't believe the distrust of authority and government was anything like the levels exhibited in 2020, particularly in response to COVID-19. Selfishness and entitlement are as much human nature as any other trait, but there does seem to be a lot more of it evident in today's social media-obsessed Western societies.
Look back a few years to the Great Depression and the Army being deployed to the streets of Liverpool. We have this sense that it was always better back then and people were better than they are today (with the exception of us - we are f***ing brilliant, only break the rules when they are stupid unlike the younger generation etc etc). It's a bit like being in a traffic jam and complaining about the traffic - WE ARE THE TRAFFIC!

Look back a few years to the Great Depression and the Army being deployed to the streets of Liverpool. We have this sense that it was always better back then and people were better than they are today (with the exception of us - we are f***ing brilliant, only break the rules when they are stupid unlike the younger generation etc etc). It's a bit like being in a traffic jam and complaining about the traffic - WE ARE THE TRAFFIC!

I get the feeling that people are treated better for acting like ********* today. When the police used to give people a dig for acting the **** most of the public didnt bat an eyelid. Now the press are outraged and twitter/Facebook add to the whinges.
This site isnt exempt, they go ballistic when Chavvy McChav does something wrong, but gets very teary eyed when a hero veteran gets a slap for acting like a twat.

While I don't deny what you're asserting, I don't believe the distrust of authority and government was anything like the levels exhibited in 2020, particularly in response to COVID-19. Selfishness and entitlement are as much human nature as any other trait, but there does seem to be a lot more of it evident in today's social media-obsessed Western societies.
It would be interesting if power cuts should occur this winter: no electric, hence no social media, and looting and rioting would be farcical as no cnut would have a torch and they'd be walking into non working lamp posts.
With like, literally no one to film it, like OMG!
Except on a post it note.