The Snowflake Generation

Yep. Like I said, bearer party. One of two I did there, the other being one of our own Sergeants who died of a heart attack.

I was also jiffed for Sgt of the Quarter Guard when GOC Londist did the Admin Inspection, probably in '75, as well as two of the three Remembrance Day parades while I was there. I was actually picked for the third but got shingles and had a fortnight bedded down, two of only three weeks off sick in my 22 years.

That was the trouble with being not a total bag of shyte in a smallish unit like we were.

Yep. Like I said, bearer party. One of two I did there, the other being one of our own Sergeants who died of a heart attack.

I was also jiffed for Sgt of the Quarter Guard when GOC Londist did the Admin Inspection, probably in '75, as well as two of the three Remembrance Day parades while I was there. I was actually picked for the third but got shingles and had a fortnight bedded down, two of only three weeks off sick in my 22 years.

That was the trouble with being not a total bag of shyte in a smallish unit like we were.
My time in radio troop was from 73-6 as a Signalman, the only Sgts I knew were in the tech workshops, one of which I baby sat on occasions, I was an ED, and being a London lad, from north of the water I got the details in the regimental Morris traveller, and on more than one occasion, trips home to see mum were taken, much to the annoyance of my troop Sgt, and later on his replacement, after said Sgt was caught doing naughties with a WRAC in digs while on the Bassingbourn Barracks Burma star week tour in Cambridge. happy days!

Oh dear, how sad, too bad. Departure time means departure time, unless you've paid for the whole bloody ship.

'A frantic couple travelling on a cruise have been filmed desperately chasing after their ship as it sails away without them.'

And this is why it pays to be on time

See it all the time on Tripadvisor........

Can we do Vesuvius, Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalfi on the local bus......... the cruise ships charge too much ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BetwixtandBetween The Intelligence Cell 21
buggrit The Intelligence Cell 5382
Linview The NAAFI Bar 50