The SMAILs top ho reporting - Again

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_bloke, Feb 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So here we can see ?

1. Australians in Afgan.

2. Austrians in training.

3. Taliban in Afganistan with BOWMAN radios.

I wonder??

Reporter Ian Deary seems to be their MOD and Military expert reporter .

Shame he as well as many other reporters in the rags aint fit enought to wipe a squaddies ARRSE let alone get a Reuters picture quote correct.
  2. Que?

Epericolosso sporgessi.
  3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

4. the group or a bad iti quote?
  5. What are they going to use them for, knocking in tent pegs? It's all they'll be good for.
  6. I believe that should be: "È pericoloso sporgersi" - It is dangerous to lean out, but I could be wrong.

7. Got to love the Daily Mail "MoD criticised after 3,900 STATE OF THE ART Battlefield Radios go missing"

Just spat tea all over my iPhone when I read that title!
  8. 3.900 go missing....????? LOL

sure we never just dumped them..... :)
  9. They were on the Atlantic Conveyer, I saw them being loaded.
  10. Fofad!

(for those of you who are annoyingly young, that meant Fukc Off, Fire At Donnington; theman at Q&M's standard reply to anything in the 80's after the fire was blamed for shortages for everything)
  11. [quote="MoD"
    The MoD insisted the devices had not been counted because they were being repaired or had been redeployed.[/quote]

So basically...the radios haven't vanished, its another crap story and really crappy pictures. Badly edited, but does the original reporter actually do the stock pictures themselves?
  12. that was my thought after I pressed enter :D

that's why we had the first gulf war, FoFad was getting a bit old so they needed a new reason to say no.

It's in the gulf. :D
  13. I don't get it, the photo is of Irish defence forces soldiers in Chad