The Slow Death of the Argentine Air Force

HopefulMong

Old-Salt
Hahahhahahhahahahhahahhaha

Argentina grounds all fighters due to poor maintenance

Argentina has confirmed that all Air Force Lockheed Martin A-4AR Skyhawk fighters have been grounded.

This comes after a significant period of decline, the Argentine armed forces have ceased to be a capable military force. In August 2015, the Argentine air force retired its Mirage fighters, with only a handful of them even flyable.

According to IHS Janes

“The Argentine Air Force is drastically cutting staff working hours and decommissioning its last fighter aircraft amid continuing budget issues.

A recently published daily agenda indicates that the service’s working hours have been significantly reduced, from 0800 to 1300; rationing of food, energy consumption, and office supplies has been directed headquarters staff and property residents; and only the minimum personnel required to staff headquarters, directorates, and commands are working.

These orders, issued on 11 August, take effect 18 August. A next step will cut Monday and Tuesday as working days. Moreover, air force officials said any aircraft taken out of service will not undergo maintenance for now.”

I have a distinct feeling the Falklands are quite safe. *snigger*

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Hahahhahahhahahahhahahhaha

Argentina grounds all fighters due to poor maintenance

Argentina has confirmed that all Air Force Lockheed Martin A-4AR Skyhawk fighters have been grounded.

This comes after a significant period of decline, the Argentine armed forces have ceased to be a capable military force. In August 2015, the Argentine air force retired its Mirage fighters, with only a handful of them even flyable.

According to IHS Janes

“The Argentine Air Force is drastically cutting staff working hours and decommissioning its last fighter aircraft amid continuing budget issues.

A recently published daily agenda indicates that the service’s working hours have been significantly reduced, from 0800 to 1300; rationing of food, energy consumption, and office supplies has been directed headquarters staff and property residents; and only the minimum personnel required to staff headquarters, directorates, and commands are working.

These orders, issued on 11 August, take effect 18 August. A next step will cut Monday and Tuesday as working days. Moreover, air force officials said any aircraft taken out of service will not undergo maintenance for now.”

I have a distinct feeling the Falklands are quite safe. *snigger*
Why are you sniggering, and why are you doubting that the Falklands are not safe?

Please explain your logic and reasoning for your post. A mere whiff of your experience with the Armed Forces and your interest in this subject would be worth a smell.

(At no point did I say "********" or threaten to cut anyone's face off)

Last edited:
Why are you sniggering, and why are you doubting that the Falklands are safe?

Please explain your logic and reasoning for your post. A mere whiff of your experience with the Armed Forces and your interest in this subject would be worth a smell.

Er he isn't doubting the Falklands are safe. Quite the opposite.

Why are you sniggering, and why are you doubting that the Falklands are safe?

Errr... Actually Sluggy you might like to read his last sentence again.

Standing by to have my face virtually cut off...

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Er he isn't doubting the Falklands are safe. Quite the opposite.
Errr... Actually Sluggy you might like to read his last sentence again.

Standing by to have my face virtually cut off...
I fucked my quote up. Sorry.

I don't like his tone though.

Changed it.

And if he wants to fight with someone who really did measure the corridors in MPA, I shall prepare my keyboard.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
And if he wants to fight with someone who really did measure the corridors in MPA, I shall prepare my keyboard.

They let a woman of your reputation roam the corridors of MPA?

Brave call by CBFSAI I have to say.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

He saw my Arrival Brief presentation and bowed to my knees, and whilst he was down there.

That's rude. Sorry.

At me?

He hasn't got the balls.

@Harryc You OK there kidda? We're all here for you if you need anything xx
OK so far princess, thanks.
Just waiting. And wandering around the virtual corridors of ARRSE to take my mind off the rather harsh realities of liffe.
Never were much cop at sitting around waiting for unpleasantness to happen.
Back on thread - I am gutted that pancho's shiny noisy bang-box delivery systems have been grounderated.
Not.

He saw my Arrival Brief presentation and bowed to my knees, and whilst he was down there.

That's rude. Sorry.

he mowed the lawn?

passed out?

saw heaven and gouged his eyes out?

don't leave us in suspense...

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
OK so far princess, thanks.
Just waiting. And wandering around the virtual corridors of ARRSE to take my mind off the rather harsh realities of liffe.
Never were much cop at sitting around waiting for unpleasantness to happen.
Back on thread - I am gutted that pancho's shiny noisy bang-box delivery systems have been grounderated.
Not.
Real life is ****.

Amuse yourself with this little badger Sluggy - Has the stairlift out of Gremlins.

I thought it was highly hilarious.

I awoke naked to a fire alarm bouncing from wall to wall in a drunken stupor. To this day I believe sluggy was to blame.

HopefulMong

Old-Salt
This did.. not go as planned.
I should probably state - this was just meant as a 'laugh at the silly foreigners' thread, because I'm a pretty nasty person.
I did by no means mean to cast aspersions or question anyone's.. whatever.

There is an interesting, if not a little bizarre series of videos on YouTube describing imaginary conflicts. One of the conflicts imagined in UK vs Argentina over the Falklands in 2017.

Despite the talking wnak sock at the beginning of each video, they seem well researched and sources are quoted at the end of each vid.

ACAB

LE
There was an interesting thread and video on this last year. Basically, all those who worked, and I use the word advisedly, in the aircraft factory were fans of the delectable Christina and were bussed in daily and paid for doing absolutely nothing. The video showed that airframes were covered in dust. Once she was hoofed, so were they.

Last edited:
Their working hours have been cut to 0800-1300? Just add an hour on the front and it's the same hours the day shirkers work in Cyprus.

There was an interesting thread and video on this last year. Basically, all those who worked, and I use the word advisedly, in the aircraft factory were fans of the delectable Christina and were bussed in daily and paid for doing absolutely nothing. The video showed that airframes were covered in dust. Once she was hoofed, so were they.

What became of the fragrant Cristina after her indictment for fraud and corruption?

Latest Threads